*If I had a hammock, I hammocked in the morning...*
Finally I picked up my hammock (NX-250, Vertex Tarp & Z-Liner) from the customs in germany. I had to pay 19% VAT and 15% customs duty!
Today I managed a small test hang at 4.0 °C. With my winter sleeping bag it was very comfortable. I almost fell asleep after 15 minutes of hanging. What did I learn:
- Very comfy, not very spacious.
- A pillow (stuff sack) under the knees will give additional comfort.
- Sleeping on my side is possible and good.
- I need a marker on my tarp, which side is head.
- I will switch to whoopie slings soon, but in this hang the trees stood to close together for a whoopie setup.
- Lines from the tarp can be attached to my tent pegs without knots.
At the end I tied up the whole combination of hammock, underquilt (z-liner) AND sleeping back with a rope and stuffed it in one waterproof bag (it can stand on wet ground and stay dry inside) This bag doesn't compress very much and I can keep it ready to go in the trunk of my car - really fast to set up and keeps the insulation in good shape.
Happy hammockface included
*I can't get no (right suspension)*