Black Bird 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG 40* Incubator
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Images
    I ordered a 1.1 dbl on 2-18 and it showed as black and in-stock, the next day it changed to grey and backordered. I emailed Brandon and he informed me that the 1.1's are grey but he made a batch in black to fill orders while waiting for more grey material to come in. He offered to send another size/color or refund my money if this was not ok. Based on my research and testimonials, I know I ordered a superior product from a company who cares about quality and have no problem waiting a while.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was at my door the next day.

Good things come to those who wait.

Hammock
    ENO, ABES
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Camo
    Insulation
    DIY FL Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just to add my two cents to this thread. Brandon went well above and beyond the "call-of-duty" for me on my order. I had a buddy order a 1.7 dl and Superfly for me to keep it off the wife-radar. I then ordered a spool of guyline, about a week later, in my name.

Long story, but my order was probably a pain in the backside for Brandon. My hammock, tarp and guyline arrived in about two weeks and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the products.

I just wish I would have waited about a week before I ordered to get the latest model with the screen tie down. I guess I'll get them on my next Blackbird!!

The fact that Brandon does this out of his residence, he answers telephone requests, e-mail requests, responds to posts on this forum, and tries to have a little bit of free time with his family, I'm amazed that he's able to get anything completed and shipped.

Hammock
    Warbonet BB 1.1d, BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images

Perfection takes time!

I had a tri-ring weld break, and Brabdon covered it over 2 years since I bought the hammock. One cannot ask for a better hammock and better service!!!!!
    "It's like a giant net for catching lazy people"
    "You never see anyone crying in a hammock" -Jim Gaffigan on Hammocks
    NorseAmerican

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    WB Yeti 3/4
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I ordered a Yeti even though it said it had a 2-3 week backorder. Got it in a week. SUPER STOKED! Set it up last night--**** Brandon makes great stuff.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    These kind of threads make my head hurt.
    They should not.

Just going through the posts prior to yours very quickly and I came up with a count of 42 positive/supportive posts for Warbonnet vs. a whopping 6 negative/whiny posts. I didn't count Brandon's posts, argumentative posts (useless!), or neutral posts.

Still, a whole 6 posts are negative. The majority of which came from the OP who is understandably nervous about getting equipped in time for a trip. Whether or not the OP should have planned a little better is another discussion, but in terms of a headache thread; this one ain't even close.

Way I see this thread, it's a thread full of customer testimonials. Same as a few of the Hammock Gear & OES threads. Bigger the name, the more people will try to torpedo it. It's very obvious from the 'gritch threads' about our cottage shops that our shops have made gear good enough to gain the loyalty of the end users. That's all that really matters. The world is full of people that will never be happy. Fine by me! Just means less people in line in front of me.

When taken as a whole, threads like this are a testament to our cottage shops. Almost always contain more supporters than naysayers.

I personally like the wait. Every time I want to feel like a kid waiting for Xmas or a Birthday, all I have to do is order from a cottage shop. There are few things that generate that youth endorphin like a piece of gear paid for and processing.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    the current one I am sleeping in.
    Tarp
    any fly that works
    Insulation
    pad mainly
    Suspension
    web
    If you notice my post count, Im very new here..

I made one post here and an introduction. Both related to the BlackBird and Brandon's wonderful work by word of mouth thru these forums. I didn't think of this thread as a negative and in fact read it before purchasing the blackbird. Don't sell yourselves short on what is negative or positive, but please stay informative.

Overall, this forum promotes and informs us "new" guys on what to expect in quality and shipping so we don't sour on the wait if it does draw out. And does not hamper many sales to those that understand. ofcourse this is all imho...ymmv...

All good things come to those that wait...it seems worth waiting for.

I had waited 6 weeks for a rainfly from thailand already without worry. Shipped from mosquitohammock.com which explains the long wait right on their sight. We just wait it out.. This is the reason we have more than one tent and Hammock..well, ok one of the reasons..
    Last edited by FubyDoo; 03-10-2011 at 12:16.

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    Well got my double 1.7 in last night. Looks fantastic and I'm going to grab a couple of rated biners today so I can set it up tonight on the adjustable webbing. Gotta try it out! Took about a week to get it so well under the expectation from his site.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Grant, these kind of threads ARE good for the cottage guys because of the loyalty of their customers and the positive reinforcement that they generate, but they still make my head hurt. Mostly because I can feel for them, and have never had a bad dealing with any of them. Sure, I've had some longer wait times, and have even been disappointed with a couple of my purchases, but I take it up with the vendor. I for one am eternally grateful to Brandon for all the solids he did me when he first started making the Blackbird, and will never forget that. And he did a lot of work for me in those early days of the "bird." He is a class act, and I owe the guy more than a few positive words on this forum. I need to buy him a beer or two sometime. Maybe next time I'm in Colorado, but that will be at least 6 months from now.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Does Brandon send out a shipping notification? I didn't know if cottage industries do that or not. Either way I'm extremely excited to get my new Blackbird, Tarp, and Underquilt from Warbonnet!!

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    I did get a shipping notice, but not an order confirmation beyond the PayPal receipt. I ended up emailing to check and make sure the order was placed and everything was good and he answered right back. But you will get a shipping notice from the USPS.

If he ever gets to the point that this is feasible, a separate email that confirms the order and explains the way he handles shipping and the time frames might help him cut down on the "did you get it" messages. I always like to check on these things because I usually am the person that has the worst luck. If it was possible for my order to get lost... it will.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast