Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 554
  1. #511
    Timberrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orlando (okay, nearrr Orlando)
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    The H.U.T.
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    The H.U.T.
    Posts
    1,374
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Oh No! not 'Married Man" Are you bringing the Super Heros with you in the minivan?
    Wait til you see how much stuff I have packed in the Jeep. I could use a minivan right now!
    FHV Planning Thread (it's gonna rock!)
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ida-Hang-(FHV)

    So many trees, so little time...

  2. #512
    REV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream12
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Posts
    2,334
    hehe, tim ill let you in the club...whats the shirt size?


    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

    2014 Fall Sprawl Planning Thread
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...GER-amp-BETTER!

  3. #513
    DivaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    hehe, tim ill let you in the club...whats the shirt size?



  4. #514
    REV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream12
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Posts
    2,334
    i miss married with children...only rerun im happy about!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

    2014 Fall Sprawl Planning Thread
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...GER-amp-BETTER!

  5. #515
    DivaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Posts
    4,143
    Don't forget some rain gear. I'm trying to put together something. Fingers are crossed that the weather channel is wrong. Saturday is only a 30% chance...so that is a 70% chance of NOT raining

  6. #516
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    10,762
    Images
    319
    Yep, rain gear of some kind will be a good idea. There are times when a rain jacket is good because you need your hands free to do a chore or carry something.
    But often times, especially walking from place to place (as in from your covered hammock to the covered group area) an umbrella is just easier.

    I was telling RockDawg last night that I've decided to splurge for a larger tarp (20 x 30 probably) to cover 2 or 3 picnic tables lined up.
    I've learned from experience that with a group, having a large, covered area to cook, eat & hang out makes all the difference if you get any substantial rain.

    I think I mentioned it earlier but cooking, eating or otherwise having food in the covered amphitheater is not allowed. The reason for this park rule is to limit wild animal's association of that public area with food.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  7. #517
    L.D. Cakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Holston Mtn. Foothills
    Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Posts
    3,304
    Images
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Don't forget some rain gear. I'm trying to put together something. Fingers are crossed that the weather channel is wrong. Saturday is only a 30% chance...so that is a 70% chance of NOT raining
    Yep rain is coming....and fog....Forcast.
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

  8. #518
    REV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream12
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Posts
    2,334
    Just got the uq in the mail with tarp skins, this will be awesome
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

    2014 Fall Sprawl Planning Thread
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...GER-amp-BETTER!

  9. #519
    Timberrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orlando (okay, nearrr Orlando)
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    The H.U.T.
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    The H.U.T.
    Posts
    1,374
    Images
    13
    What is it they say?
    There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices.
    I guess I should revisit some of my clothing choices.
    ( I knew I shouldn't have packed yet! )
    FHV Planning Thread (it's gonna rock!)
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ida-Hang-(FHV)

    So many trees, so little time...

  10. #520
    Hogg Tyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Thomasville NC
    Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Rings/straps
    Posts
    327
    Images
    6
    It was a long shaot but when all is said and done I just cant swing this weekend. I will have to settle with living through the trip reports after.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 236
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 15:58
  2. Replies: 219
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 15:43
  3. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 16:03
  4. Brainstorming; Grayson Highlands Fall Festival; Sept 23-25, 2011
    By slowhike in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 21:25

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •