JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog On Ice View Post
    be careful about the firewood that it does not come from a quarantined area
    Yep, good point to remember. We talked about that in earlier posts.
    http://www.emeraldashborer.info/firewood.cfm
    http://www.emeraldashborer.info/file...ate_EABpos.pdf
    Looks like only two of us are bringing fiirewood.
    I'm in NC & there seams to be no restrictions there.
    Rockdawg is in TENN & there are 5 counties w/ restrictions there.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Yep, good point to remember. We talked about that in earlier posts.
    http://www.emeraldashborer.info/firewood.cfm
    http://www.emeraldashborer.info/file...ate_EABpos.pdf
    Looks like only two of us are bringing fiirewood.
    I'm in NC & there seams to be no restrictions there.
    Rockdawg is in TENN & there are 5 counties w/ restrictions there.
    I'm bringing my wood from south GA. No restrictions in our area.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    In case you missed it (like I did) one of our enthusiastic camping partners & her family recently had quite an ordeal to go through, but they are pulling right through.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=39011
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    In case you missed it (like I did) one of our enthusiastic camping partners & her family recently had quite an ordeal to go through, but they are pulling right through.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=39011
    and I am sure the people who can actually read that thread are properly moved by it - I on the other hand ...

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog On Ice View Post
    and I am sure the people who can actually read that thread are properly moved by it - I on the other hand ...
    "Just a brief fill in and time to be grateful. We had a minor, electrical house fire a few days ago...luckily mostly outside, but scary enough. The boxes got so hot that it blew the meter of the side of the house, melted a lot of the wiring inside the house on that side. Although we are "put out" and will be without electric for quite some time, we are so lucky in many ways. We all know it could have been worse. We are lucky we were home. We're lucky it was during the day and not while we were sleeping, we are just lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky. So what if it'll take a while for the burning wire smell to get out of the house (already started to smell a bit better today). So what if we can't afford to fix it all right now (way too expensive, insurance doesn't cover). So what if we may loose a lot of food in the freezer, (might as well have a cookout with friends and family so it doesn't get wasted). We can still cook (gas range and grill) We can still have our coffee and tea (heiny pots), we can still sleep cool...yes, in our hammocks on the back porch, (as long as the weather keeps from getting so hot), we can still shower (city water and gas water heater), we still have lights (oil lights and lanterns), we can go to the library to get cooler and check our emails, and most importantly we have each other, we have all of our pets, and life is actually very, very, good. I just feel so very fortunate and wanted to share."
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    thats the first post in that thread. the rest goes on to say things are good there, and everyone is ok. i think the house is also back up to normal...or at least a good ways on towards it.

so, all is well. just a minor setback!

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    thats the first post in that thread. the rest goes on to say things are good there, and everyone is ok. i think the house is also back up to normal...or at least a good ways on towards it.

so, all is well. just a minor setback!
    Thanks to everyone for all the warm thoughts. Yes, we passed inspection yesterday, and the electric company was out today and put a new meter on and hooked us up . Electric company explained that this is how a lot of house fires can start...but we're fortunate that we were home and smelled the wires. Took us a little while to figure it out. We probably could have even found it sooner, but we're a bit dense. The day before, the house kept having these power surges...but we thought it was the "electric company" and not us. Old house, old wiring....but all is well and no real damage except to the wiring. The only "house" damage was 1 board, and 1 small section of siding, those were the easy things to fix and we had on hand.

Now....I'm back to being excited about this trip!!! I don't mean to be a pain in the butt...but we do need our car near. My mom is still under the impression that she will be sleeping in her car and can't quite wrap her mind around the hammock idea. (I still think she'll be fine, it's just new to her). I've got myself down for a few things on the spread sheets...but will check on them again in a few days to see what else I can do to help out.

As for the camp site security that some of you are worried about....Mom may be staying at the site the day of the festival and reading. It will depend on how well she is moving about that day. If she does make it to the festival, she may not be there too long (same with me) due to some health issues. Regardless, I have to believe for the most part that we will be fine. Obviously don't leave anything of major value behind and we can use each others' vehicles to lock things up in. Ours will be close by, so feel free to use it.

I've got to get moving on some sewing for this trip! I'm very behind now and do not like my poncho liner under quilt. Froze my butt and shoulders off a couple of nights this week I need to take a good look at things and change what I have a bit. At least I don't have to worry about weight on this trip.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    good to hear everythings going well for yall, having lost a house to fire myself for faulty wiring, i know how it feels and how lucky you were not to have lost it all and no injurys

i was going to post something last night, but my internet cut out for a bit and i didnt get it up, but

since im going to be in gimp mode, if there is a real concern of issues with leaving the hammocks, i could always stay near them. i offer my services anywhere im needed.

but, you could always use some police tape, kinda cordon it off a bit. i might have some still....

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Ok...got all the plates for everyone, and bowls (should be plenty, even with the added people)....went ahead and picked up a box of plastic spoons too, our wal-mart was out of forks though. How crazy is that? I'm not sure that we'll need them, will we? If so, I'll find them at the party store. Do you guys want me to grab some napkins too?

• + New Posts
  • Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast