Hi,
I have been hammock camping since my wife first bought a hammock to relax in while backpacking. I’ll admit that I argued that the extra weight was not worth it as we had chairs and a tent, but she brought them anyway. While I cooked lunch at our campsite, she set up the ENO DoubleNest and told me to see if it helped my back. I immediately ordered my own DoubleNest as soon as we were within wifi range with my iPod Touch and I refuse to go anywhere without it. I even keep it in my truck in case I have nothing better to do for a while.

I found this site due to spring fever giving me the camping itch. To distract myself, I looked up hammock on YouTube and found Shug’s videos. They were educational and entertaining to me, as until recently I had only experimented on my own without doing any internet research. It caught me off guard that people go hammock camping in the winter up here in Minnesnowta. I’m looking into modifying a 2 person sleeping bag to increase my “hanging around” season.

Reading the threads here on HammockForums.net is helping with my spring fever, but only if I am sitting in my hammock that I hung in the basement. I’m guessing that I will be spending as much time on this site as my wife does on Facebook. Thank you everyone for the knowledge that is in these forums and I look forward to learning even more.

-Dan