Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    JRB BM Bridge w/2QZQ JavaMan mod
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp

Hi Ya'll from the Missouri Ozarks

My trail name is Meander because that is what I like to do! My husband, ClayTurner, and I and our 5 kids are long time camp/hike/canoe fans. Over the last year or so we have all slowly moved off the ground for our adventures. ClayTurner was the first hang out. I quickly saw the advantages but was a side sleeper because of back issues my whole life. He was able to locate the JRB BMBH thanks to all the AWESOME discussions on HF. I LOVE IT!! I am not going to lie~ took me a few tries to get used to being enclosed because I am claustrophobic. After a few total freakouts in the middle of the night (quite humorous upon reflection), I became used to the feel. It bears repeating...I LOVE IT! No more mornings spent in PHYSICAL HELL with the accompaning BAD ATTITUDE! ClayTurner is one smart man!
    Our kids, 3 boys and 2 girls ages 26 to 18, have all moved off the ground and are all now hanging out with us. We are all very active with the Ozark Trail Association building and maintaining trails here in the beautiful Missouri Ozarks. Hammocks have allowed us the freedom to see more and do more with a lot less fuss. We are often asked by ground dwellers about our setup when we go to hangout on group trail builds. We love to take about the advantages of hammocks and always send folks here to HF.
    I will try to snap a photo and post it next time we all hang together. Thanks to all of you for sharing!

Hammock
    HH UL Bckpker -2QZQ mod 4
    Tarp
    Spinn Mambajamba
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.W & No Sniv
    Suspension
    DC's & Whoopies
    Welcome! Nice to hear the work you do with OTA Its a great trail, and i'm grateful for those who maintain it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp
    Thanks Rhino! The trail work is a labor of love! You are welcome to join us. Absolutely the nicest bunch of people of all ages work on the trail. We are having a Mega Trail Build on April 30-May 1 at Bass River Resort on the Courtious River. Great way to have some fun (free camping at Bass, free sack lunch, free BBQ dinner, Huge bonfire and live Bluegrass music) and see what the OT is all about. Would love other hangers to come and show all of the ground dwellers what they are missing! Go to http://www.ozarktrail.com/ and click on Upcoming OTA Events for details, there is never a fee for any OTA events.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    welcome to the madness
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Welcome Meander!

Back pain was one of the reasons that I moved off of the ground too. My wife and I hope to make it down to the Ozark trail sometime and hang around.

-Dan
    Just Hangin' around since 2010.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    DIY tarp
    Insulation
    IX UQ, sleep bag
    Suspension
    Warbonnet rings
    Hi Meander..thank you for your work on the trail. I have not been there but the Mega Trail Build would be a good way to get started. Thank you for the info - I will hang onto it and see if I can get there for it or some other event. Thanks, Kat from KC

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp
    You are welcome to join us building trail anytime! It is a lot of fun and it a great way to find out what is out there and where. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, Darian
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Howdy and welcome! I've spent some time on the OT. Can't wait until we get the OHT and the OT hooked up together.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Zparks Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    marlin/whoopie
    I just moved from Missouri and have done many wonderful miles on the Ozark trail. Many thanks for your efforts there. Hammocking in the Ozarks is awesome.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp
    I know right! That is going to be awesome to join those 2 trials! I will be there when it happens! I "own" sections of trail all over the Ozarks that I have built. Definately a labor of love! I am in the planning stages of a hike on the OHT in the late spring. I grew up in Arkansas and dearly love the Buffalo River. How cool will it be when you can spend months hiking all of the Missouri Ozarks and then straight into the Ozarks in Northern Arkansas. The mountains may only be 200 to 300 ft tall, but nothing can beat the beauty of the springs, caves, streams and rivers in both states.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast