We will be at Shelter 1 on Friday, Shelter 2 on Saturday, and catching our ride at Shelter 3 on Saturday. This group is also based out of Meetup.com. It looks like there will only be 2-3 of us hiking and 2 car camping. If anyone is passing through and sees us, feel free to come on over and hang out for a bit.
Below is some basic info I got from the Ranger Station. I'm not sure if it's useful to anyone here.
Here is the latest and greatest from the ranger station:
1. Where to buy wood? --Piggy Wiggly in Kewaskum at Highway 45 & 28
2. Snow cover. Snowshoes required? --Good base layer still be high temps and rain over the next 2 days could change that. Call back on Friday. Snowshoes would be useful if conditions do not change.
3. Where do we check in? -- -no check in and & no check out. Just have a copy of your reservations with you in case a ranger comes by.
4. Are there any manned Ranger Stations in the Northern Unit on the weekend? --No station. Visitor center staffed on weekend. 930-5pm on Saturday and 3 hour on Sunday. The visitor's center is on Highway 67.
5. Emergencies- 911 everywhere in the park. Ranger reported good cell coverage.