Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I suggested along the same idea here last year http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=21741.

At the time there were about 3 responses to the idea

I still think it is a good idea.
    you're a forward thinker

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    It would also help if more folks used the calendar function.
    I listed mine

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Speaking of putting things on the calendar, I have one other request for those listing things there. When posting events on the calendar, include a link to the planning thread. You could even go back and include the link to the trip report after the event if you are as OCD as I am.

I just added the link to the planning for a March trip and kicked myself a bit for not thinking to do it earlier when I put it on the calendar.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    8X10 all purp tarp
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    12ft dble webbing
    I like this idea, thread titles don't always say what part of the country their in, ie. if some one just puts a state park or trail head name.
    God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

Genesis 1:31

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    I like the regional sort idea, very helpful.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    Speaking of putting things on the calendar, I have one other request for those listing things there. When posting events on the calendar, include a link to the planning thread. You could even go back and include the link to the trip report after the event if you are as OCD as I am.
    I did that in my posting

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This is a pretty cool idea. Worse case though. People could just put the state at the beginning of the thread. For example, "Minnesota: Northern Hang." I think it would be a lot easier to find it when you are just looking for the state. I hope something comes of this thread though because it would be a lot easier.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Worse case though. People could just put the state at the beginning of the thread. For example, "Minnesota: Northern Hang." I think it would be a lot easier to find it when you are just looking for the state.
    It is a good idea but if you separate states into regions, you are less likely to have 17 things going on in that area all at the same time. It will also be less likely that you are going to have to go through 3 pages to find something that is going on this weekend the way its set up now.

Not to be totally one sided on the request I will post a negative for it. If you are in, lets say PA and like coming up to New England for gatherings, unless you watch that topic you will most likely not see anything pop up in that area. Hence you would miss some nice gatherings.

To me, Unless I was heading to PA regularly or for some odd ball reason from MA I would look there as much as I would look at CA or Alaska regions.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by genegene View Post
    It is a good idea but if you separate states into regions, you are less likely to have 17 things going on in that area all at the same time. It will also be less likely that you are going to have to go through 3 pages to find something that is going on this weekend the way its set up now.

Not to be totally one sided on the request I will post a negative for it. If you are in, lets say PA and like coming up to New England for gatherings, unless you watch that topic you will most likely not see anything pop up in that area. Hence you would miss some nice gatherings.

To me, Unless I was heading to PA regularly or for some odd ball reason from MA I would look there as much as I would look at CA or Alaska regions.
    I agree with you Gene. I think it would be a lot easier doing it the way you suggested. It can be overwhelming looking at the trip planning page. I was just saying that if we couldn't get that thread option that we could do that as a backup.

Fronkey

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Tags are another way to do this now but it would take a bit of thinking or guidelines to make it easy to use. For example, everyone could tag their thread with "what, region, year" (e.g. - "Hangout, SW, 2011"), then you could search for it because it is in a certain format. Now that I think about it, we would need to add "country" so folks in Perth don't have to read about trips for Cairns... I'm sure there is something I am missing but it's an idea.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast