Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap

Oh the humanity!

Ok peeps,
    I am now ready to get a "real" suspension system. I understand there are as many choices for that as there are undershorts, and that they are as much a personal choice.

So, perhaps I can lean on the experience of my Florida based bretheren and ask......,"What works for you?". What kind of tree distance am I going to see?

I currently use 10-ish foot? tow straps larksheaded onto my stock biner. I have only hung in the same spot in my back yard or house. What is spooking me is remembering Islanders set up at the Florida hang. I swear his trees were like 30 feet apart(I'm sure my mind is exagerating but still).

Sould I just get some tri-glides and be done with it? Perhaps some rings?

I need a guiding hand here as it's difficult to justify new gear to the better half if I don't even know what to get!

Thanks in advance,
    Rick
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    By the way, after a mix up with the "Clymb" people, I am now the proud owner of a Noah's 16 (they sold out of the 12's and upgraded me for free). I have dubbed it the command center as it's the size of a West Palm condo unit. Not worrying about the weight, will I be able to find a spot to hang this thing with the kind of underbrush we have?
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO FastFly
    Insulation
    New River-KAQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    TFCRick, I just switched my ENO to whoopies and straps..love them. I have the system for JRB. They work like a charm.. 60" straps and 6' whoopies with dutch clips and biners. Only downside I see is that I still have to address the occasional large tree. My setup works really good at 15-18' between trees or it seems so to me. I'm in Mississippi so trees aren't a problem,so far anyway. Hope that helps.

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    The beauties to straps and whoopies is you can have them made any size you want. Whoopies are about as light as you can get and compact. I made my whoopies and they are way to long at 12.5' each. My straps are from AHE and are 7'. I also have a pair of 6' straps. I have had 1 time that the 7' were barely long enough. Your trees may be different than mine. Ill be making some new whoopies this spring but im just not sure how long I want them. Probably 8 or 10'.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I have 6' whoopies with 5' of strap. The 5' strap will go around an 18" diameter tree, which also happens to be the largest tree I can wrap my arms around. I also carry a extra 3' length of amsteel with a fixed eye on each end to use as an extender, just in case. I've only used this once. If the trees are too far apart for this setup, then I can't reach high enough on the tree to hang the hammock high enough to keep it off the ground.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO FastFly
    Insulation
    New River-KAQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Yeah, I was looking at the extra amsteel loop.

• + New Posts