DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    "blue"poly tarp...
    Suspension
    prusik and ropes
    Images

DIY winter tent/hammock stakes

Hi,

Since I had to make a new set of stakes for the hammock I just built I could show you guys how I make them from standard summer stakes (tree sided aluminum like the ones sold at rei but here in Québec I buy them at Canadian Tire, the brand is coughlans)

first drill a hole in one of sides so you can pass a rope trough it. (use a bigger one to make sure that the edges aren't sharp

pass the rope and wrap around the stakes once, the only reason for it is that it removes the pressure on the edge that could be sharp even if you did the first step like I said.

make a square knot ( http://www.animatedknots.com/reef/in...matedknots.com )

then make a double fisherman's knot to close the end, it could be any other but it's a strong one... ( http://www.animatedknots.com/doublef...matedknots.com )

sorry the last one is kinda big I don't get why... they are all the same size in photoshop (measurment and stuff it's not the zoom factor...)
    why should I have a rock, a root or anything else hurting my back in camping?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    "blue"poly tarp...
    Suspension
    prusik and ropes
    Images
    just forgot to mansion that I use 23" of rope and that it doesn't really weaken the stakes it would if one of the wings was completely cut but since it's not and should not there's no problem I never had any break and my father who is the real one to be credited for it never had any problem either
    why should I have a rock, a root or anything else hurting my back in camping?

• + New Posts