Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web

Lightbulb THWIAR&HFHTFACFWARS2k11

The Hell With It All Ride & Hang For Hobo's To Find A Cure For Wanderlust And Restore Sanity 2011

whew.

as some of you know, some really crappy stuff has happened in my life recently and i like to turn bad into good (for those of you just tuning in, my wife and i decided to split up for good reasons, hopefully temporarily, and 98% of my gear was stolen off my motorcycle, to which this great forum helped immensely in getting it back, and my job and I are no longer friends.)

A few years back, i did a trip on a 49cc moped to see if i could find any decent people left in the world, and surprisingly contrary to my original thought, i found more than i could have imagined.

so im thinking about doing a similar/different ride. my bills are paid up, and ive got everything i need as far as gear goes (i think) aside from TQ/UQ's, and im getting it into my head to haul boogie...anywhere but here.

as a kid, some of my best memories were waking up at 2am to get into my granddads cadillac and hauling butt to florida, and riding on that little shelf in the rear window terrorizing motorists. traveling has been with me ever since.

im going to set off, if all goes as planned near the middle of august and head maybe to florida, hit the keys since ive been wanting to do that for a long time. i love me some key lime pie. might head west, see if i can swim in the other ocean. who knows.

last time i took off with $100 to my name and a crap load of gear i never used. this time, ill probably have less money and gear, but better gear in the long run. im going to do some odd jobs along the way to get some money up for what i need (gas, cheap food) and will be living out of the hammock, stealth and parking lot camping as i go.

in the mean time, im going to try to scrounge up a decent camera so i can go all "shug" on yall and figure something for top and under quilts. sponsors anyone? lol

so if youre out there, and see that im going to be in the area (ill be updating here as i can. not sure if ill take the netbook or not, but my phone can do some things) feel free to come hang with me! would love to meet a bunch of yall
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    sorry to hear about the wife man. honestly the ride sounds like the freedom you need right now. I live out of the way of florida haha but I wish you the best in your travels and hope it all turns out better for ya
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Get yourself a copy of Blue Highways to read on the road. It will resonate.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    hey, everything right now is good. the wife thing is working itself out fine. i just feel up in the air and need something to clear my head. and i figure itll be as good a time as any to test the gear that was sent to me by the good people here.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    REV:
    If you are in Alabama, near Gadsden, and need a place to hang for a couple of days look me up. Got a sweet spot in the side yard that has some great shade trees the perfect distance apart for relaxing. Doors are always open to road weary travelers in need of a bite to eat and a shower for the road grime!!!!!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Good luck on your travels and keep us posted.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    If you're passing near to Gainesville, drop me a line here. I have a spare room and some trees that are just at the outside edge of hammock use distance.

I know a couple of local campsites that're fairly nice during the week, too.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Maybe the two of you can do a trip? Hope it works out for you!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Get yourself a copy of Blue Highways to read on the road. It will resonate.
    Excellent suggestion. It's been at least ten years since I read that book, but since you mentioned it, I remember what a fine fine read it was. Meeting ordinary America on the back roads. Time to read it again!
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Excellent suggestion. It's been at least ten years since I read that book, but since you mentioned it, I remember what a fine fine read it was. Meeting ordinary America on the back roads. Time to read it again!
    Sorry about your troubles Rev. If you make it down to the gulf coast let me know. I'll make a batch of red beans & rice and we can hit a few of the trails here.

Great Book! Thanks for reminding me of it OG. I think GrizzlyAdams has it right. Time to read it again.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast