Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Sleeping on your side in a Clark?

I think I read every Thread on Clarks tonight, but probably not every post. What I was looking for was something on Clark's claim that unlike other hammocks you can sleep on your side in a Clark.
    What's the real truth?
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    One more question, please, North American or Jungle? I winter camp and summer camp, and backpack or kayak every time. Thanks for your imput. Mule

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    I think I read every Thread on Clarks tonight, but probably not every post. What I was looking for was something on Clark's claim that unlike other hammocks you can sleep on your side in a Clark.
    What's the real truth?
    Not any different than other hammocks except the bridge style. Requires pulling the knees up some etc. You can hang it with less sag if you sleep on your side and it will help but increase shoulder squeeze. When I use my Clark I don't feel the need to sleep on my side because I can lay on a slight asym that allows a fairly flat position that is very comfortable on my back.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    I sleep on my side all the time in my traveller hammock.
    I have no opinion of the Clark, as I haven't seen one up close & personal. But I am of the opinion that any properly hung hammock would allow you to lay on your side. I had no problem laying on my side in: ENO single, ENO double, Henessy, Speer, Warbonnet & a few homemade hammocks.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I have no problem sleeping on my side in any of my hammocks.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    What's the real truth?
    I have a Clark NA and have no trouble sleeping on my side.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I sleep in my Clark on my side all the time or at least I start there. I have found my self wakeing up on my back,side,and stumich. If you have yours with a pretty good sag in it does require you to sleep with you legs bent somewhat like a fetal postion. Another friend of mine got one for xmas and he is useing ratchet strap's ( YES RATCHET STRAPS ) so he can pull it tight I have tryed to get it setup different but to no avil. I sleep that way anyhow so it does not bother me. As for you other question as for the North American or the jungle the north american is what I would and many other would call a true 4 season hammock if you have read most the post on here you can see what I have been able to do with mine. and I only use a 1/2 self inflateable pad from guide gear it's somewhat of a cheapy but hay it works and in real low temp below 20 degrees i use a 0 degree bag and it's real big for backpacking but I make it work. almost every time I have slept in it i have to open the rain cover about 1/8 of the way open and leave just the bug net open to let the heat out because I get to hot. two weeks ago it was 22 degress out and snowing and i slept with the rain cover off or tucked away and just bug net again cause i got to hot.

They claim that you can use the pockets for insulation by putting you clothing in there or space blankets or I am told zip lock bags filled with air but I have not tryed that at all.

the xl tarp to some seems very small and they op to get some other type of tarp I thought myself for a while but after playing around with it I have found that it works fine for me and that is to cook under,change clothes what ever.

the nice thing about the xl tarp that I have found is that it can close up like a cahcoon and keep you dry in the hardest of rain or driving snow.

There are pricey but I dont mind paying for something that is well made
    and others will differ

these are just my opion's as others may be different.

skinner you live about 5 1/2 hours north east of me maybe sometime we can meet and you can see on up close an personal.

There is allot of good pictures and info on the yahoo clark site.

Oh never mind I went there to get a link for you and you have already signed up for it and I just accepted you for your invite so have fun over there and if you have any question you can ask them here or there.

have good night

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Tahnks to all of you for your insights. I guess I just need to practice sleeping on my side in my Claytor and others. Oh gosh, looks like I am going to have to take another trip (sigh) (:
    The reason for my question was since I started sleeping on my back in my hammock, I have been having some snoring/sleep Apnea thing going on. Sleeping in my bed this is not a problem.
    Thanks again,
    Steve

• + New Posts