The PDF has a full write up on how I made the sock
- 3.5 yds 1.0 breathable ripstop from wally world 60” wide @ $1.50/yd
-3.5 yds 1.1 DWR coated ripstop from wally world 60” wide @ $1.50/yd
- 3 yds insultex from TTTG @ $6.50/yd
- 5.5’ of coil zipper #3 from BWDD @ $0.25/ft
- 1 #3 slider from BWDD @ $0.25
- 2 cord locks from BWDD @ 0.25
- 18” of 1/8 shock cord from BWDD @ 0.25
Total project cost = $30.75 + a little shipping, + some guttermen thread
Here's the video showing the set up
I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, it added a lot of warmth to this past trip during the heavy winds and semi chilly nights. If I had zipper track crimps at the end I would have made it so I could put it on/off but as it stands now I just unclip the whoopie from my elephant trunk, feed it through the opening and quickly reattach the whoopie to ET.
i do have to say thank you to all the people that participated in this thread http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=26502 without the open discussion it would have taken me longer, so i do appreciate the help and hopefully this has returned it for future sock DIY projects with others.
if you have any questions, i would happy to answer them.