Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    yeah it does. if you want larger loops in your tree straps i can make you a set if you just cover the shipping. my stitching isn't as nice as AHE.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Very kind Patrick but I am actually fine with the biners anyway. They can serve other purposes in the moto travel kit. I showed the no biner set up for those who want easily removable adjustable webbing for no knots and want to reduce weight too...a perfect use of the ETs IMO.

Paul (and crew?) does some nice stitch work. I got the tree straps to give more strap for longer hangs and some tarp application experiments. I'll replace the WB webbing when they show signs of wear...so far so good.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Thanks for the review and pictures. I was wondering about the purpose of the little hole on the clip. Looks like you found a perfect use for it, to clip in your UQ suspension. It would also be a nice place to clip in boots, other items of clothing, or a stuff sack with gear that you don't want on the ground. Is a backup half hitch on the webbing needed with this clip to prevent slippage?
    Awesome piece of equipment bloomgorge.
    KJ

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    It would also be a nice place to clip in boots, other items of clothing, or a stuff sack with gear that you don't want on the ground.KJ
    i'm not recommending the hanging of extra gear on the holes as the pieces were not tested to have a downward load applied simultaneously to the axial. cliping an UQ to the hole probably won't cause any harm but the hole size and location were factored into the design with the safety factor. the main purpose of the hole is a slight weight saving

Is a backup half hitch on the webbing needed with this clip to prevent slippage?
    Awesome piece of equipment bloomgorge.
    KJ
    i recommend using the half hitch to prevent slip. i did test with 3 different types of webbing and found some did not need the half hitch. because i can't know if everyone's straps are the same as i tested, i recommend using the half hitch to prevent any slip. in conjunction to the strap, the persons weight also plays a factor into it.

cheers

patrick

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Thanks for the info. I can see that too much downward weight might cause the elephant trunk angle to change??? But clipping in the UQ suspension is a helpful feature.
    KJ

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Thanks for the review and pictures. I was wondering about the purpose of the little hole on the clip.

Is a backup half hitch on the webbing needed with this clip to prevent slippage?
    The use of the "eye" is a use at your own risk deal (the instructions they came with recommended not to use them). I can only speak to the WB adjustable webbing and it will slip with just me leaning on the hammock bed without the half hitch. But then I am a full figured fella. The knot is not big deal to do anyway IMO.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomgorge View Post
    i recommend using the half hitch to prevent slip. i did test with 3 different types of webbing and found some did not need the half hitch. because i can't know if everyone's straps are the same as i tested, i recommend using the half hitch to prevent any slip. in conjunction to the strap, the persons weight also plays a factor into it.
    I do have a couple of suggestions most useful for us adjustable webbing types and in general. If the webbing adjustment attachment slots could be made to be easier to adjust. Not a clue as to how to make that work though. The inside edges of the "trunk" seem a bit too sharp. Though not any more so than the WB buckles the cinch buckles have more surface. Perhaps a bit more rounding would potentially reduce line wear. Just a spit ball at this point as I have not used the ETs enough to have actually seen any wear (and it might never be an issue).

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    I do have a couple of suggestions most useful for us adjustable webbing types and in general. If the webbing adjustment attachment slots could be made to be easier to adjust. Not a clue as to how to make that work though. The inside edges of the "trunk" seem a bit too sharp. Though not any more so than the WB buckles the cinch buckles have more surface. Perhaps a bit more rounding would potentially reduce line wear. Just a spit ball at this point as I have not used the ETs enough to have actually seen any wear (and it might never be an issue).
    so you should be familar with this image because it's on the instructions. what i do, is get the strap to look like this picture. then on the left side where it says "pull tight to remove any slack in webbing" with the arrow point to the webbing, i make this loop really big at first. this will allow me to slide the trunk up and down. then when i get it set i pull the slack out through the top 5mm slot. in this configuration i found the trunk usually doesn't slip and doesn't need the half hitch. i had one strap material where i got a little slip but that's because i was hopping around. i add the half hitch for piece of mind and to just ensure my bum isn't on the ground in the morning.

have you tried this one Law Dawg?

over time, i've found the edges 'break' a little, not much though and i haven't had to change out my tree straps yet - got about a dozen hangs with these ones.

prior to the release you have, i had all the slots at 5mm wide, this allowed for a lot of slip except with BWDD 3000lbs webbing, that stuff is not as flexible as the 1500 but a lot heavier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Are these available?
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Are these available?
    yeah - got some still. first page of thread has a link with all the information

patrick

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast