Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Festus Hagen View Post
    A 40-degree synthetic bag that sells for $169-$179 is "lower end"??? Geez the stuff I have must really be junk.

Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35 bags are pretty similar, and cheaper. I've never heard anyone calling M.H. stuff "lower end" although the Laminas are certainly the lower-end price bags made my M.H.

There are good quality synthetic bags. There are poor quality down bags. It seems to me the problem is that the OP purchased a bag at "good quality" price but received a "poor quality" bag in his opinion.
    My point Exactly!!

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    there is a lot wrong with synthetic, but this isn't the thread for that discussion. i'm telling you that you bought a crappy bag from north face. if you went and bought the $300 down bag you'd never be making that post...

that 0 degree tressels will be a 20 degree bag in 2 years. 40 degree bag in 4. not to mention that it weighs nearly the entire weight of my tarp, tq,uq, hammock, and pack put together. in fact, it would likely fill up my entire 3000 cubic inches of pack space. maybe it works for you and you're happy with it. i know that i wouldn't be.

sorry if i offended some. i'm simply trying to answer the OP's original dilemna

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by XexorZ View Post
    Check with paypal if you used it to pay - I believe they have buyer protection or some such... worth looking into at least.
    colby

if you do decide to go this route, and try and get your money back shoot me a PM, i just went thru this with ebay on a sewing machine that i bought that was all busted up when i received it, things didn't turn out good for me, but i may have a few things that might help you, that i wish i had known before hand

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Colby, three page thread about a "substandard" sleeping bag without a pic or even a description of what exactly is "substandard".

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno Dry Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    1" Webbing
    Hi there,

I'm an eBay power seller. I can tell you from experience that there ARE people out there on eBay that are great at manipulating others, especially when it comes to emails/ebay messaging. I've been burnt on these deals before because of a crazy seller talking me into giving up my rights as a buyer.

Some on the forum have suggested contacting paypal- this was once the case, but has since changed. You need to file a claim with eBay, and no matter what the sellers return policy is, eBay can tell him to take it back. In this case, go to your post office, and ship it back WITH delivery AND signature confirmation- but only when eBay's claim service gives you the go ahead.

Usually this should be the end of it. In a few cases, this can fail. If this does fail, (although I highly doubt it), If you bought it with a credit card through PayPal, contact your credit card company, and file a charge back, this is the fool-proof way of getting your money back.

People are generally good, although, unfortunately, on eBay, people think sometimes they can get away with anything. Not true.

Please, if you need ANY help, let me know, I'll be glad to assist! I hate seeing something like this happening to someone else, I've been there, and don't the same to happen to you. It's pretty much the worst feeling in the world to know you've been 'had'.

Cheers,
    Dave
    “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
    -Abe Lincoln

"There is no replacement for displacement" - Unknown

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Thanks for the helpful response tiger1dd. We seem to be going way OT discussing pros and cons of specific types of insulation, and it's nice to see someone address the OP.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    WOW so it is true...TNF is using iron on logo's

let us know if you get a refund .....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    greenish grey
    Insulation
    greyish green
    Suspension
    Trees, duh.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colbysteed View Post
    The guy swears it's real and that he purchased it from a North face outlet.
    I think this is the key. A real TNF bag that didn't meet the QC standards for regular retail distribution or had already been returned for poor quality.

It's a second.

The bag is real but poor quality.. The "Heat transfered" Aka "Iron on" Insignia is to keep it light weight. I think its an excuse to sell high dollar low end equipment. It's not the sellers fault. I should have done a little more research on the bag before I bought it. :/ For me living in the south a synthetic fill actually works better for me. Considering that it is a 40f bag its very light weight and suits my needs vs a down filled bag that would be over kill. The reason I thought it was a fake is cause I've NEVER seen a TNF bag with "heat transfer" logos there are no defects with the bag other then it just looks like a really really CHEAP bag. Thanks for all the help everyone! I'll post some pics but I don't think you will be able to see what I'm talking about..

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast