WB Blackbird 1.7 Double Layer
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Does anyone see any problems with this?

I have the Trek Light hammock system with the rope setup, and I recently picked up some JRB Tree Savers for extra length between trees when needed.

It seems like it would work without any issues, but I wanted to check with you guys first! If you were to attach the hammock in this fashion, is there any reason that there would be worry of an equipment failure?

1.5" JRB Tree Saver to Carabiner to Trek Light Static Rope to Carabiner and finally to the Hammock. Basically, is there any reason that adding the extra Carabiner and Tree Saver for added length would weaken the weight capabilities at all? I can't see why it would, but there are a lot of things I don't know about forces and hammocks and falling on my butt

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I don't think you'll have equipment failure, but I think you can make a much simpler and lighter system. I used the rope system that came with my Trek Light at first, but ditched it pretty quick and switched to a webbing & ring system. Even with the tree straps, you have no way to make micro adjustments with the rope suspension. You can tie in some knots in the rope, but still not enough to fine tune your hang. Since you already have the tree straps, you could go to a whoopie sling system. I prefer the easy set-up with webbing & rings or cinch buckles. I recently switched out my rings for the AHE chain link/cinch buckle system on my Trek Light. I've attached pics of the rings on my Trek Light, and the cinch buckles on my WB Traveler.
    KJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 Double Layer
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Thanks, I'll look those up! I've been enjoying hammocks for years, but not on a level of actually knowing about them, just loved sitting in the little mesh hammocks that tie with basic static cord and were never very good

At this rate of learning I'll know enough to comfortably go hammock camping in a few weeks I bet

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Everything I've learned about hammocks so far has come from reading HF, watching videos (Shug & Grizz), and a fair bit of trial & error.
    I like the webbing system because it's very easy and gives me a good amount of flexibility depending on the trees & terrain I have to work with. Most of my hanging is in conjunction with river running. I switched to the cinch buckles on my Trek Light after I got the Traveler and really liked the lightness and no need for a back-up half hitch like with the rings. I keep both my hammocks in stuff sacks with openings on both ends. Webbing is permanently attached in the buckles. All I have to do is pull the loop end of the webbing (with carabiner attached) out of the bag, put it around the tree, clip in the biner, and done. Repeat on other end, then just a quick adjustment of the webbing for the right amount of angle & sag. The stuff sack stays attached to the hammock suspension so it doesn't get lost.
    Part of the fun of the hammock is playing around with your system to get it just right.
    KJ

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Since you have tree straps, the next thing you should research are whoopie slings. They are fun to make, easy to use and its just plain cool to hang from something 7/64th wide. Like many here you'll probably eventually ditch your stock suspension so might as well start looking
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts