Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Setting an altitude record, in trees, should be pretty easy in Colorado since our trees grow higher than any other state along the divide.
    If you think we'll find trees for everyone to hang from every night, then I won't bring my Z-Lite pad for ground sleeping.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trailryder42 View Post
    If you think we'll find trees for everyone to hang from every night, then I won't bring my Z-Lite pad for ground sleeping.
    It's too dangerous to camp above treeline (Lightning) we will always have trees to hang in maybe too many trees, haha

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Profly
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Im really not liking work now. I get to work tomorrow too (unlike what was on the schedule). Whats funny is I have everything packed up and ready to go. I think I even managed to get slightly below 25lbs. I told Iz and she just looked at me. But I think she gets that we wont be out all weekend. I hope we can start planning a fall or winter hike. Like I said, I WILL be at that one. I want to try to make it down tomorrow. Depends when I get off. If I dont, you guys have fun and post all the pictures to make me even more jealous
    Tucker: So I suppose if you are helping us you arent as mean as I thought...
    Tex: I wouldnt say Im mean, I just get hired to do mean things.
    Tucker: But you like it.
    Tex: Well I think its important to enjoy what you do.

-Red Vs Blue

Images
    Weather forecast is calling for 70 during the day and 48 at nite. With scattered thunderstorms each day.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...on+CO+USCO0208

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Google claims 4 hours 9 minutes driving time for me, so I'm planning on hitting the trail about 7 as I have to make a quick supply stop in Rifle, and there will undoubtedly be delays through Glenwood Canyon. Hope to reach the campground close to noon. Can't wait to meet all of you.
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Just getting dry ice to keep a little food cold and we will be on our way. Our trip estimate is 2hr and 30min. :Woot:
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Hey all, just a quick update. Me and the wife to be got there about midnight ( we got lost a few times). Everyone else was there already set up. They took off with only the slightest of problems. One of them lost a buckle and noticed as he was picking us pack up to take off.

I would like to thank everyone for all the information, gear tryouts, and overall welcoming attitude the has been prevalent since I joined this forum. Though all it helped me figure out is that I REALLY like hammocks and want one. I cant make my mind up which one I want first though!
    Last edited by Isheian; 07-11-2011 at 23:14.
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Made it home about 7:45 pm from the hang. That's about 12 hours from hammock to home. Fast trip home and made good time.
    I had a great time on the hang. I want to thank Out'N'Back and Food for all of the work and support for the hang. They did a great job of providing information and support for the trip.
    Got the wet gear hanging out to dry. Heavy rain every day
    More photos and stuff later.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    Made it home about 7:45 pm from the hang. That's about 12 hours from hammock to home. Fast trip home and made good time.
    I had a great time on the hang. I want to thank Out'N'Back and Food for all of the work and support for the hang. They did a great job of providing information and support for the trip.
    Got the wet gear hanging out to dry. Heavy rain every day
    More photos and stuff later.
    Hi WB, Glad to hear you and Dennis made it home safe.
    I got home about 3PM and have been working on the trip photos for our trip report.
    I'll do my best to start one tomorrow morning in that forum. I am looking forward to everyone's
    photos and comments on the trip.

Thanks again for taking a chance and driving so far to come hike / hang with us.

Isheian, Glad to read you two made it home safe as well.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 07-12-2011 at 22:09.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    I'm glad to hear that all went well on the hike! Can't wait to read about it (aka live it vicariously)! Becca was worried about ya'll as well, she will be glad to hear your back to your homes safe and sound.

So when is the fall hang 'n' hike?
    Meaning of the EOD Badge

• + New Posts
  • Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast