Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    I just might try to make this hike and hang. I have not been on the CDT for a couple of years. It will depend on if I can develop some trail legs and lungs by then. It would be some great motivation. I also have a wedding the last of July that will need to be considered.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    JRB BMB @ camp, Brazilian @ home
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11
    Insulation
    JRB down quilts
    Suspension
    JRB straps
    I'm interested, somewhat tentatively as I will be freshly graduated and in the midst of figuring out how to actually get paid So as long as job stuff doesn't get in the way, I should be able to do it. Late June or July 9th weekend should work for me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    I just might try to make this hike and hang. I have not been on the CDT for a couple of years. It will depend on if I can develop some trail legs and lungs by then. It would be some great motivation. I also have a wedding the last of July that will need to be considered.
    Hi Walking Bear welcome.
    I am not a fast hiker and don't think I will be able to keep up with the group.
    I can hike all day but just not fast. By early July we should have plenty of daylight.
    We'll need to come up with some type of trail marking system so the slow ones will know when to cut off the trail to camp.

Hi TyopPanther,
    I believe we have set the date @ July 9th (Sat). It's a 4 day 3 nighter on trail.
    I might head up a day or two early(July 7th) to Jefferson lake for a couple days of car camping. This should guarantee us a car camp spot for those just wanting to do that.

I'm sure there will be more refined details as we get closer.

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

speed is NOT the point

This hike averages less than 7 miles per day. We will get enough exercise to work up an appetite followed by good food and good companionship. We will never be moving "with a sense of urgency". You will be bringing your own food, but will have plenty of time to cook.

If there are enough people that want a physical challenge then we could divide into two groups.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!

FOOD's Character.

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    This hike averages less than 7 miles per day. We will get enough exercise to work up an appetite followed by good food and good companionship. We will never be moving "with a sense of urgency". You will be bringing your own food, but will have plenty of time to cook.

If there are enough people that want a physical challenge then we could divide into two groups.
    I just wanted to chime in here and let everyone know that Food is a great guy and a pleasure to hike with! If you can make his trip...do it! Wish i could make it, you 'ol Ringtail, you.

BF

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post

I will stay with the slow group that likes to eat and enjoy the company. However, I'm not bringing the dutch oven.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    Walhalla 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    OES MC DLX Sil
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ/ GL Bag
    I will try to make it...maybe I can convince the wife to come along. If not, maybe I can get a hall pass.

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks bigfoot2. I enjoyed hiking with you even though you wore a kilt.

I can pick you and and Spork up at DIA.

I have a hammock stand on my covered patio.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    I will stay with the slow group that likes to eat and enjoy the company. However, I'm not bringing the dutch oven.
    Since you're not bringing one, does that mean I'll have to bring a 16" one???

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    Since you're not bringing one, does that mean I'll have to bring a 16" one???
    That would be great. What are you going to cook for the group? That 16" will fix lots of grub.
    Actually if I truck camp at Lake Jefferson I may bring it. It just will not fit in the pack.
    I found that my wife plans to go to also, but not to hike. I may be trying to find a place to park the 5th wheel and her while on the hike. From what I see on web Lake Jefferson does not have electrical at the camp sites so that probably will not work. I will need to look for other places. I would like to not pull it to far up into the mountains. Does anyone have suggestions for RV sites?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast