Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders

Ah new gear....Nano 7

Its always nice to get new gear delivered to you first thing in the morning Just got in my new Nano 7 and cant wait to take it out after some slight modification of course. I am trying to drop its weight as low as possible and replacing the biners with whoopies and a marlin spike attachment to some huggers should do the trick. If there is a lighter setup or anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. thanks

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by slvravn View Post
    Its always nice to get new gear delivered to you first thing in the morning Just got in my new Nano 7 and cant wait to take it out after some slight modification of course. I am trying to drop its weight as low as possible and replacing the biners with whoopies and a marlin spike attachment to some huggers should do the trick. If there is a lighter setup or anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. thanks
    There was some discussion on here a couple months back about single line Amsteel and a knot.

Half as much Amsteel, half the weight, double the PITA (IMHO).

Dynaglide whoopies are going to be 1/3 the weight of 7/64 Amsteel whoopies.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    There was some discussion on here a couple months back about single line Amsteel and a knot.

Half as much Amsteel, half the weight, double the PITA (IMHO).

Dynaglide whoopies are going to be 1/3 the weight of 7/64 Amsteel whoopies.
    Thanks Tendertoe. I have some dynaglide whoopies made that I want to use, but I have a bit of concern about the dynaglide slicing through the end channel. I thought I read about lining the end channel with something, but I cant remember what it was

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Thanks Tendertoe. I have some dynaglide whoopies made that I want to use, but I have a bit of concern about the dynaglide slicing through the end channel. I thought I read about lining the end channel with something, but I cant remember what it was
    I'm 260lbs and there are a couple 300+ pounders hanging on them no issues.

If you're concerned, instead of a girth hitch around the whipping, do a prussik or a triple wrap prussik to disperse your weight across a larger area.

44.8 grams per 100 feet (1.6 oz) --- 25 feet for a set of 6 foot whoopies --- 44.8/4 = 11.2 grams (.4 oz). Throw some short tree straps and a 5 foot dynaglide extender in there and you have a hassle free lightweight setup.

Images
    I'd love to see pics of the nano 7 when your done doing mods to it. I had to go with the slightly larger GT Ultralight, as the 7 was too short for my height. It's one of the few times I am envious of shorter folk!

I was just layin' in my GTU rigged on my porch reading a book a short while today. Great hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7 / HH ULBA / GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    SWT JRB 8x8/Poncho
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Leighs/HHSS
    Suspension
    7/64 and 2mm WS
    Images
    I have a Nano7 as well with dynaglide whoopies/nacrabiners/adjustable ridgeline, and 4 foot straps from AHE. Very light indeed.

I just have my whoopies through the end channel and have had no issues. Have several nights in it and lots and lots of naps. No signs of wear on the ends yet.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7 / HH ULBA / GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    SWT JRB 8x8/Poncho
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Leighs/HHSS
    Suspension
    7/64 and 2mm WS
    Images
    Here is some discussion on sheaths for dynaglide whoopies.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=22103

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit 1.0
    Tarp
    MLD Spinn Asym
    Insulation
    JRB/HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps and spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunt87 View Post
    Here is some discussion on sheaths for dynaglide whoopies.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=22103
    Thanks for the link. From that link I found Sgt. Rocks site which had the exact mod I was trying to do. he used a paracord sheath to protect the hammock and one of the other poster used tubular webbing so I can find one of those 2 to use.
    Other than the sheaths the hammock is ready to go. I should be able to string it up in the next day or so to see how it lays

As for weights if anyone is interested:

Nano 7 as purchased: 207 Grams
    Nano 7 without Mad rock biners: 143g (they are 32 grams each, one could always swith to camp nanos at 24 grams if they wanted to)

6' Dynaglide Whoopies - 19g for the pair
    6' Polypropylene Tree Huggers - 57g for the pair
    Adjustable Dynaglide Ridgeline - 10g (may change to non structure masons line)
    Toggles - 4g per pair (Easton arrow shafts)

Total of Nano and MYOG Suspension - 233g or 8.2oz
    a little heavier than the Sgt, but only by an oz and I could get it down more by shortening the whoopies/huggers and switching to masons line for the RL.
    Thanks for the help and exellent review by Sgt. Rock of the Nano

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    You could switch to dutch biners. I believe they're 22 grams for two. Or soft shackles would be next to nothing. If you're worried about slicing of the end channel you could use 7/64 amsteel for the channel, connect whoopie backwards, then connect eye loop of whoopie(normally larksheaded to hammock) to your toggle.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images

Nano 7

Just put together my Nano 7 with a ridge line and dynaglide whoopies, 8 foot huggers and the whole thing is under 300 grams!

I lined the channel with a rubber wire casing that I got at the hardware store. Stripped out the wire and use the sheathing to run the Dynaglide through.

I have used the hammock 3 times now, only for a couple of hours at a time and I have noticed that it is developing a run/hole. I have no idea how that happened, I make sure I am not wearing anything that would put a hole throught the fabric and the hammock has yet to touch the ground. Makes me very nervous to take this rig in to the backcountry for any extended amount of time. Anyone else have similar stories? I really wonder what the long term outlook is going to be with this hammock.

I am going to get some ripstop repair before using it again. The whole thing is supper lite, but I am worried that it might fail on me. Does GT make a lite hammock that is more durable?

S

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast