Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images

First hammock...

So I think I have made my decision on my first hammock. I'm thinking a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 Double layer with the adjustable webbing suspension and the big mamba jamba tarp from Warbonnet. I'm 6'-6" tall and about 225 (normally, though this winter has taken a toll on the old belly, plus a toe surgery that has had me out of exercise for a while). Any other tall guys out there have experience with this hammock? My friend, Quoddy, has a Warbonnet and loves it and I tend to follow his recommendations. I'd like to hear others input as well though. Thanks!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    I'm only 5' 8" so that doesn't quite qualify me as tall, but I think its like sleeping on a cloud.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    I'm 6'2" currently 275 and that's the hammock I intend to buy for camping, I have my DIY for home use. I believe you have the right choice there but go by his reference chart on the order page. You may be able to get by with lighter. If you're not into UL backpacking that might not matter.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    I'm 6'2" currently 275 and that's the hammock I intend to buy for camping, I have my DIY for home use. I believe you have the right choice there but go by his reference chart on the order page. You may be able to get by with lighter. If you're not into UL backpacking that might not matter.
    I have been leaning towards lightening my load but I don't think I will ever be considered an "ultralight" backpacker. I normally carry between 32-35lbs when I go out, but wouldn't mind slipping down into the below 30 range. I could easily do this though with just switching my pack (Gregory Baltoro 70), but I just can't bring myself to switch because the pack fits me so well and carries like a Cadillac.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    One for sale here. It might be gone by the time you read this though. Good luck.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=29402
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts