Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dla View Post
    I bought a 1/4"x59"x39" GG evazote pad, have used it twice and consider it a waste of money. It is good to only about 45* by itself. It bunches up. It is very bulky. It is light - its only saving grace.

I have Thermarest Z-Lites and consider them much, much better than the GG. I would make/buy an SPE before I would buy an over-priced and under-performing Gossamer Gear Evazote pad.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with anything less than 1/2" thick if you think you will be seeing temps below 40*f. I'm basing this on my experience and I'm a pretty warm sleeper. Obviously I can augment the pad with extra clothing - but why?
    If you fold that 60X40X0.25 GG pad in half to a 30X40X0.5, it will take you well below the 45 degree mark when used under a sleeping bag. 30" is ore than enough to cover the shoulders, and 40" will cover head to upper thighs or knees. They're light and pretty much indestructible. I take mine when I'm looking at wet conditions with mists or rolling fog. The rest of the time, I just use my down.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dla View Post
    I bought a 1/4"x59"x39" GG evazote pad, have used it twice and consider it a waste of money. It is good to only about 45* by itself. It bunches up. It is very bulky. It is light - its only saving grace.

I have Thermarest Z-Lites and consider them much, much better than the GG. I would make/buy an SPE before I would buy an over-priced and under-performing Gossamer Gear Evazote pad.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with anything less than 1/2" thick if you think you will be seeing temps below 40*f. I'm basing this on my experience and I'm a pretty warm sleeper. Obviously I can augment the pad with extra clothing - but why?
    When you say 40*f what are you wearing and what other stuff do you have keeping you warm? Just curious. Would a ridgerest foam pad and 30* sleeping bad keep you warm under 40 with basic clothing and no other insulation?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12