Hangnout made a wonderful bugnet for his hammock that uses shock cord to hold up panels. That allows you to get in and out by pulling down the panels. I used the concept to modify the Molly Mac Gear IX Hammock Sock so that the SEEP (Side Entry/Exit Portal) has a lower part like a Dutch Door.
It works well!
- You can get in and out on either side of the hammock, without removing the sock.
- You can install and remove the sock without taking down the hammock.
- You can use your hammock as a lounge chair without removing the sock.
- The Dutch SEEP eliminates small air leaks near your head or shoulders
- The Sock is still highly breathable and easily vented.
Molly Mac Gear IX Hammock Sock with Dutch SEEP