Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Exactly, when I joined here the BB was the most talked about hammock around and I scanned the 'for sale' forum three or more times a day looking for one of those or a Clark. It took a while till I saw one come up for sale and immediately bought it.

There were comments like 'Wow a BB listed for sale and it lasted only 20 minutes" etc.

Then there was a discussion and a post by one of the JRB guys (Pan I think)about the 'latast and greatest' and how it always changes as time goes on. There is a bandwagon effect as people jump on and maybe eventually off.

Now I noticed quite a few being listed and the sale time was seeming to take longer.

I was asking if some were jumping off.

Simple question I thought.
    Last edited by Danalex; 03-11-2011 at 12:12.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    So basically you really WERE attacking the hammock primarily because of its popularity, just like Pan has in the past - good to know.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Good grief...this bickering is unhelpful and off-topic.

The OP might or might not have a motive for his question, but calling it out as trolling is argumentative. Let's drop the back and forth.

If someone sold a BB with a specific reason in mind, it's not a problem for them to express why in this thread. Disagreement is fine..disrespect is not.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Good grief...this bickering is unhelpful and off-topic.

The OP might or might not have a motive for his question, but calling it out as trolling is argumentative. Let's drop the back and forth.

If someone sold a BB with a specific reason in mind, it's not a problem for them to express why in this thread. Disagreement is fine..disrespect is not.
    Thanks you

i see nothing wrong with the OP ..... he was just asking a question
    and he is right...there has been alot of BB for sale as of late
    but i think BB58 nailed it with his post ....
    i see this bickering going on alot more around here and it's a turn off to me
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Angry Sparrow: thanks. As a "new" guy I was hesitant to voice an opinion, but it was definitely spinning out of the "spirit" of HF. I, as a new WB fanboy, wasn't offended at all
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    I, myself, who owns 2 BB's and a traveller, was wondering the same thing - as a mere matter of curiousity.

It seemed a simple matter of curiousity and kind of glad it came up.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    But that's not the same thing. If I switch from a Warbonnet to a BMBH, and go post in the JRB forum saying "man, this BMBH is just perfect for me, and fixes these issues that I had with the Blackbird....", that's an informative post.

By contrast, the OP of this thread basically said "hey, I notice people are selling Blackbirds, let's start collecting reasons why it must suck". It isn't any one particular issue, it's just an excuse to see if he can topple the clear popular favorite in these parts. I'm sorry, but I'll re-iterate that it stinks of trolling.

To sum up - posting specific issues is a reason to start a thread. Posting an open-ended invite to arbitrarily criticize something is not. IMHO, of course, again.
    Well, I don't know, you may be right. But, first the information was not posted originally at the Warbonnet subsection, if that is a factor.

But I don't think he really said "let's start collecting reasons why it must suck", though you may have some reason that I don't know about to think that's the motivation. I think he said, correctly, that he was seeing a lot of Warbonnets for sale, and asking an open-ended question about what the reasons might be. Or maybe asking if a new top gun has arrived. Is that trolling? If so, the troller accidentally helped Warbonnet, because like I said earlier 90% of the responses were "I'm selling this one to buy another Warbonnet".

But not considering possible motivations, I don't see it as a problem if I asked on a non-JRB subsection "Hey, how come very few people are buying JRB BMBHs or HHs?". Or "I see several people have sold their BMBH(or HH) and bought a WB – what's up with that?". Would that be trolling? I don't know, maybe it would?

But again, hard to say on this matter, though I don't see it as trying to cause trouble, who knows, you may be right.

OOPs, the AS post came up while I was posting but was called away for a while- so that will be all of my thoughts on the subject.

( Man, I keep messing up even the edits on this post! )
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 03-11-2011 at 14:14.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by body942 View Post
    I, as a new WB fanboy, wasn't offended at all
    LOL, I resemble that remark, haha
    I guess I'm a fan of just about all the vendors I've found on HF.
    I'm like that Lays Potato Chip commercial. "Can't Have Just One".

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    I would see the reason being because of different body make up, previous injuries, and or just particular taste..etc..
    We are blessed with a large selection... somethin for everyone..
    It's really not possible to knock bbs.. Flawless workmanship at a good price?
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Images
    As for me, I have a hard time making
    a hands down "this is the best one" choice between a bmbh, wbbb or even my old hhss.
    I find things to like a lot bout all of them! And now there is
    A new gunslinger in town- a hh dj and guess what? I like it a lot.... LOL!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast