Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    People going different directions?
    nope.... alot of ppl sell the one they have to upgrade to a different BB
    i sold my 1.7 dbl so i can get a 1.1 dbl to save on weight since the 1.7 dbl was way overkill for my weight 208lbs

alot of the ones i seen for sake were for the same reason
    or they we extras that were not needed... i know lots of ppl with more then one BB
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Images
    Since there's no local store to try it before you buy it one's got to do something.
    Thank goodness they hold there value so your not taking a big $$$ hit in your quest for that perfect hang.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    G.L.P summed it up for me. I am trying now to decided if I want to sell my 1.7 dbl and just buy a 1.1 dbl. Or if I should just have two black birds....decisions...decisions....
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I sold my BB DL 1.7 because I want to go with a DL 1.1 hammock to save on pack weight. Instead of ordering a BB DL 1.1 I ordered a Switchback Light Hiker to see what all the hype was about. If I like it, it will become my 3 season hammock. If I don't like it as well as the BB I'll just order a DL 1.1 BB.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I've sold my 1.1 dbl BB and 1.0 dbl BB because the TtTTG Light Hiker is a more comfortable hammock for me and my wife. I still have my 1.7 dbl BB. I'm going to play with some amsteel to try a second structural ridgeline to see if I can get rid of the calf ridge. If I can't get rid of the ridge, I'll sell the 1.7 dbl too.

The BB design is awesome. I don't mind that the netting can't be removed. I love the shelf. It just looks cool hanging. I just can't get rid of the ridge, and I can't sleep with the ridge there. Light Hiker=no ridge.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ^shane^ View Post
    I've sold my 1.1 dbl BB and 1.0 dbl BB because the TtTTG Light Hiker is a more comfortable hammock for me and my wife. I still have my 1.7 dbl BB. I'm going to play with some amsteel to try a second structural ridgeline to see if I can get rid of the calf ridge. If I can't get rid of the ridge, I'll sell the 1.7 dbl too.

The BB design is awesome. I don't mind that the netting can't be removed. I love the shelf. It just looks cool hanging. I just can't get rid of the ridge, and I can't sleep with the ridge there. Light Hiker=no ridge.
    Hi Shane,
    I own both SB and BB. They both have there + and -'s
    Most know the pluses here are my minuses.

In the BB I do experience some ridgeline pressure on my left calf.
    Getting more asym and watching the hang angle(30-35) for a loose SRL fixes it for me. I am most comfortable on my back or left side.

On the SB I cannot get very asym it just won't let me. I would think the LH would be worse do to it being shorter. Because the lay
    is less flat I experience hyper extended knee pain after a couple hours on my back. If I turn to either side this pain goes away.

SB= no back sleeping without a stuffsack of cloths under my knees. Side sleeping is more comfortable.
    BB= no right side sleeping. Back sleeping is flatter and more comfortable.

Disclaimer: These statement are all IMO your results may vary.

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post

In the BB I do experience some ridgeline pressure on my left calf.
    Getting more asym and watching the hang angle(30-35) for a loose SRL fixes it for me. I am most comfortable on my back or left side.

On the SB I cannot get very asym it just won't let me. I would think the LH would be worse do to it being shorter. Because the lay
    is less flat I experience hyper extended knee pain after a couple hours on my back. If I turn to either side this pain goes away.

SB= no back sleeping without a stuffsack of cloths under my knees. Side sleeping is more comfortable.
    BB= no right side sleeping. Back sleeping is flatter and more comfortable.

Disclaimer: These statement are all IMO your results may vary.
    Interesting. Looking forward to seeing how your findings compare to my experiences when I get my Light Hiker. I'm a 100% side sleeper at home but when I started hammocking I wasn't able to sleep on my side at all in the BB (can't in my Traveler either) so it took me awhile to adjust to back sleeping but I was finally able to adapt. In the BB I initially had a problem with calf pressure so I put a clothing stuff sack under my knees which helped a bit but the downside with that was that the back of my knees got uncomfortably sweaty (silnylon doesn't breathe). I eventually found the sweet spot that allowed me to do away with the stuff sack under the legs. This was possible through getting the hammock pitched with just the right amount of ridgeline tension (more sag) and laying at a pretty extreme diagonal. I'll be curious to see if I can actually sleep on my left side in the switchback.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    Interesting. Looking forward to seeing how your findings compare to my experiences when I get my Light Hiker. I'm a 100% side sleeper at home but when I started hammocking I wasn't able to sleep on my side at all in the BB (can't in my Traveler either) so it took me awhile to adjust to back sleeping but I was finally able to adapt. In the BB I initially had a problem with calf pressure so I put a clothing stuff sack under my knees which helped a bit but the downside with that was that the back of my knees got uncomfortably sweaty (silnylon doesn't breathe). I eventually found the sweet spot that allowed me to do away with the stuff sack under the legs. This was possible through getting the hammock pitched with just the right amount of ridgeline tension (more sag) and laying at a pretty extreme diagonal. I'll be curious to see if I can actually sleep on my left side in the switchback.
    Slept out the other night in the light hiker. For me, side and fetal sleeping is much easier than in a BB, and it's comfortable. Slept fetal on my right side from 10pm to 4:30am without waking a single time. Turned over on my left a slept a bit longer. The gusty wind (my wind chimes) finally woke me up for good around 6am.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    I'll be curious to see if I can actually sleep on my left side in the switchback.
    Since the SB is equal on both sides sleeping on your left or right side should be no issue. It is quite comfortable. I look forward to your review probably not in the WB forum though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast