As a newbee trying to decide how to divide 100' guyline on my BMMJ w/panel pulls, I've already read a couple of posts about the length of guyline tie-outs and ridgelines, but haven't been able to find advice on the length of the panel pulls lines. I plan to use it just about anywhere in the world and preferably in rain forests. First off to Madagascar where they not only have rain forests, but baobabs in some areas as well (although I doubt we'll be hanging from those).

On the 4 tie-outs I think I'd like to go for 10' each for max. flexibility (to be able to hang it up high in a tree when weather is good, for instance).
So what to do with the other 60'?

A:
10' for the 2 ridgeline lines
20' on each side for the panel pulls to make a single line between 2 panel pulls like this

B:
15' for both the ridgelines and panel pulls, to have more flexibility in tree diameters for the ridgeline?

C:
Even longer ridgelines, let's say 20' each, which would leave 10' each for the panel pulls?
Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
The trees can be larger out West .... 80' may be over-kill but 50' is what I would take.
D: any other suggestions?

Any advice deeply appreciated!