Hammock Article - Any Authours out there?

So I have recently become interested in a Canadian Magazine called "Explore" and I asked them if they had any information on hammock camping in a back issue. Thier response was, they have never run a story on hammock camping but one of their regular contributors has and then sent me this link hammock-tent.

The hammock in question is the Chrysalis. The author in question is someone I have never heard of, but if someone out there is a talented writer and wants to submit an article to the magazine hammocks could sure use a boost when considering the information they are sending out now!

They thanked me for the idea which means they would consider it, I pointed them to the Forums as a way to find information. Hope someone takes up the challenge. I wish I could, but I know next to nothing. I am going to respond to their email and send them links to Shugs videos.

The magazine's website is Explore Magazine

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Looks comfy but it looks like there is a little weight to that thing. If we have any authors out there that can put something together for the magazine this would help promote hammock camping.

Hammock
    DIY FrankenBird + 5 other DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    You might PM Dejoha to see if he would like to contribute one of his illustrations, like the hammock camping overview.
    I bet the magazine would be happy to print that, and it sure would be helpful.
    "I keep telling myself that if I make perfect seams, nobody will believe that I made it... " -JohnSawyer

My outdoor gear review site http://gear-report.com
    Gear reviews, DIY / MYOG projects, Outdoor gear discounts, sales and coupons updated daily

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I am in contact with the Outdoor Editor for a newspaper, and he WILL be doing a story on hammock camping. I have given him some contacts with the powers-that-be here on HF (since I will be on the AT,) maybe your Canadian paper will pick the story up and reprint it when it is complete.

Of course, there is ALWAYS room for stories about hammock camping. I would love to see more articles about it. We are still considered a "fringe" community, even as widespread (global) and as large as our membership is.

• + New Posts