Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Couple of real quick things after watching the video:

You aren't nearly close enough to the zipper with your left shoulder. Try putting that thing just a few inches away from the zipper.

Combine that with scooting down a little further. Can't really tell, but it looks like your feet are just into the footbox. Try having your feet touch the bottom of the footbox, then scoot back up an inch, or so.

Given your description of your canvas hammocks, I'm betting you aren't accustomed to a diagonal laying hammock. If you try to lay down the middle in a straight line, most gathered-end hammocks won't be comfortable. I can imagine how difficult it was for you to find the 'sweet spot' given your positioning. Honestly, you just need to position yourself for the way that hammock was built. The fabric will flatten out when you're in a good position and the nylon won't wrap-up around you because most of it will be stretched. Try it, you might accidentally like it.

By the way, continue with your 'smart' responses to people politely pointing out why they took offense and you will find yourself banned. That's not an opinion, just a fact.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FubyDoo View Post
    should I put a rainbow over my head and prance around to make you guys feel secure?
    Relax man...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    So now you're taking shots at shug too?

Everybody relax. Is it just me or have tempers been quick to flare around here for the last 6 months or so?
    Typing on a forum (or email) is a notoriously poor way to express subtleties like humor or sarcasm. Take a big breath now, all together...

Hammock
    the current one I am sleeping in.
    Tarp
    any fly that works
    Insulation
    pad mainly
    Suspension
    web
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Couple of real quick things after watching the video:

You aren't nearly close enough to the zipper with your left shoulder. Try putting that thing just a few inches away from the zipper.

Combine that with scooting down a little further. Can't really tell, but it looks like your feet are just into the footbox. Try having your feet touch the bottom of the footbox, then scoot back up an inch, or so.

Given you description of your canvas hammocks, I betting you aren't accustomed to a diagonal laying hammock. If you try to lay down the middle in a straight line, most gathered-end hammocks won't be comfortable. I can imagine how difficult it was for you to find the 'sweet spot' given your positioning. Honestly, you just need to position yourself for the way that hammock was built. The fabric will flatten out when you're in a good position and the nylon won't wrap-up around you because most of it will be stretched. Try it, you might accidentally like it.

By the way, continue with your 'smart' responses to people politely pointing out why they took offense and you will find yourself banned. That's not an opinion, just a fact.
    Thanks for the input there Cannabal..I did all that.. actually, if you watch the video.. I found a sweet spot for a few winks.. it's a nice hammock.. it's just as nice to "ME".. as a canvas lay.. yes, I use to own the hennessey , again as I mention a few times in the video...as for the angle of 30-45.. if you view the video you will see I changed it a few times.. I played with the thing all day..the hammock...im not done yet...with the hammock..

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Well... Like said earlier.. I ya don't like it , it will sell here easily... That is, if ya don't get it all sweaty in the process....
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I admit, I didn't have the volume turned on, so I must have missed the bit about the Hennessy.

Definitely keep playing with it. Many folks have discovered comfort after misery. I once actually got comfortable in a Clark. In the end, the Blackbird might not be the one for you, fair enough. The good news is, they sell real quick around here on the used market and for darn near what was initially paid for them. So there's that.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    3 Season Incubator
    Suspension
    DiY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I tell you what...

Since it is such a 'well made' uncomfortable hammock... I will take it off your hands for an even $100.00 (I will even pay shipping).
    "My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.

Acceptance is the key to everything."

Hammock
    the current one I am sleeping in.
    Tarp
    any fly that works
    Insulation
    pad mainly
    Suspension
    web
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Well... Like said earlier.. I ya don't like it , it will sell here easily... That is, if ya don't get it all sweaty in the process....
    lol stan, to late.. im keeping it.. I would not try to sell it here...lol

Im not done with it yet!!! that's just a first impression...

sure is a fun campfire though..

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 Double Layer
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Incubator+Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    To each his own I got mine a few days ago, and loved it immediately. I find your opinions hard to understand as a user myself, but that's why they're your opinions

All I can say, is between a VERY usable shelf, full bug protection, and an awesome sewn in foot box, this thing rocks! Our family has had 2 rope hammocks and 2 canvas hammocks, and neither of them were even remotely as comfortable in my opinion.

Also, I'm 5'11, 190 pounds, and a 33-34" waist or so, and I feel like the hammock is the perfect size for me