Hammock
    the current one I am sleeping in.
    Tarp
    any fly that works
    Insulation
    pad mainly
    Suspension
    web
    guys chill, im from the south..what do I know...sigh... UK..I guess you have to move south to understand heat and sweat...it was mid 70's I was in the hammock, I dont always sweat..I was sweating..ok, I will be a go along with it kinda guy..I didn't sweat.. happy now? Guys guys guys.. can we get some livermush and onions and do lunch?

Just my opinions..I stick to them.. I will make opinions as I see fit...you can ban me now..

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Sniff, sniff...(IMHO)
    Last edited by animalcontrol; 03-17-2011 at 21:40. Reason: wanted to be consistant
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Tarp
    any fly that works
    Insulation
    pad mainly
    Suspension
    web
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    Sniff, sniff...
    lol, im sorry to make waves and ruffle feathers..I just have to be a troll for such a thing..not a new member trying to see what might be offered as opinions or discouraged as such.. mark me as the one to ignore.. that's fine.

Not one of you have said, well sure glad you agree Warbonnet makes a quality product... nor that Warbonnet is very innovative in design..just pick what ruffles your down and points to troll alert..lol..

Same type forums..different day.. nothing like allowing people to have difference of "opinion"

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    They are simply saying things like..."you will sweat" or "you will have nylon wrapped skin" etc are apparent facts. You say you're stating your opinion but there is a lot of "fact" in your opinion. That's all they're saying, they're not trying to be jerks or anything. You could've said.. you might sweat, or you might have nylon wrapped skin, or I did sweat but that's just me....and so on. You just worded as fact instead of opinion.

Thanks for the review and I hope we can help you get what you want out of your BB. Try unzipping the bugnet and tying it back for more ventilation to reduce sweating. Don't you sweat just standing there down there in the South? I know I would be.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Also I couldn't see well but if you get your straps closer to a 30 degree angle it will change the feel.. Play around with it for awhile..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Tarp
    any fly that works
    Insulation
    pad mainly
    Suspension
    web
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Thanks for the review and I hope we can help you get what you want out of your BB. Try unzipping the bugnet and tying it back for more ventilation to reduce sweating. Don't you sweat just standing there down there in the South? I know I would be.
    Thanks Chris, I wished I loved it too...it might turn out great in a few more lays.. right now.. I don't see it..

In the south..you don't pull back mosquito netting..you live for it..so that parts out. umm..I usually don't sweat in 70-80 degree weather unless im doing more than laying in a hammock..

I think it is just a difference in manner of speech. "You" for "I" and such. I'm not sure all this hubbub is necessary. The man did say it was his opinion. Agree to disagree and HYOH.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I lived in Georgia, and camped primarily in Alabama, Tennessee, and the Carolinas when I bought my Blackbird (1.1 double)... my experience regarding heat was the complete opposite of yours.

You seem to keep missing peoples' point - it's not your opinion, it's your forceful tone - many of us aren't big guys, and many of us have used blackbirds in hot, humid weather, and all of your "you will" statements simply haven't been borne out in our experience.

When I first bought my blackbird, I had some comfort issues and it took some tweaking of my hanging setup to get them ironed out. I came here to discuss the problems I had, but I didn't take the aggressive "this is the way it is, period" tone that you have taken - and surprise, surprise, people actually discussed my issues and helped me with them.

Tone is everything, and I frankly don't appreciate yours. It seems I'm not alone.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB1.1
    Tarp
    Suprfly/MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    3-Season TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I've been using an HH Safari ultralite for a number of years now and have just ordered a 1.1 Blackbird. Gotta say... I'm really looking forward to it arriving.

That being said, I never experienced the whole sweating issue with this type of hammock. Maybe I did, but just chalked it up to the weather just being warm. At any rate, I've never experienced an undue amount of perspiration. What I've always done was to sleep on top of a sheet. There has always been a barrier between me and the hammock when sleeping. Give that a try... See if it works for you. Coolmax makes a sleeping bag liner that works beautifully for this sort of thing.

I've never tried a canvas hammock. Definitely would be up for it though. The smell would probably remind me of Dad's sea bag and Boy Scout camp. Not sure I'd care to hump it though. The other variety works for me and I'm only 6' 175-180#.

Anyway, to each his own. Try a few things out. You might find you change your mind. If not, I'm reasonably certain you will have no problems selling it here

Hammock
    Tarp
    any fly that works
    Insulation
    pad mainly
    Suspension
    web
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    You seem to keep missing peoples' point - it's not your opinion, it's your forceful tone -
    When have I held a gun to anyone and FORCED anything?
    did you all think maybe you "READ" forceful tone?
    grow some...well you know.. sorry, im a 30+ year retired trucker..

should I put a rainbow over my head and prance around to make you guys feel secure?

I don't Juggle..im sorry!! oh wait...that didn't come out right...im KIDDING SHUG!!!

guys read it softly you will find I think Warbonnets are nice.. MY OPINION at this point chose canvas old school..sorry..

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast