Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images

Efabricsupplier Review

I posted in another thread that I had ordered some fabric from Rachel at Efabricsupplier.com I wanted to start a new thread with a review of the entire process.

First, great service from Rachel @ Efabricsupplier.com I sent her my questions and they were answered in a timely fashion. I placed my ordered via email and received a paypal invoice promptly. Shipping was free with a 10yd order and I was well over that.

Fabric shipped next day via USPS and I received it in two day. Again, a very pleasant experience with the ordering process...Here is what I ordered...

16 yards New Digital Camouflage 66" Coated Ripstop Nylon Fabric WP! ($3.50/yd on Ebay)
    10 yards New Black Calendered Ripstop Nylon Fabric WR! ($3.99/yd on Ebay)
    5 yards New Foliage Green Calendered Ripstop Nylon Fabric WR! ($3.99/yd on Ebay)
    3 yards New Golden Yellow 66" Calendered Ripstop Nylon Fabric WR ($3.99/yd on Ebay)
    3 yards New Purple Calendered Ripstop Nylon Fabric WR! ($3.99/yd on Ebay)

I opened the order yesterday to take a quick look.... WOW.... Seems to be first quality materials with high thread count, rich colors, tight ripstop pattern... Very nice....

I had more time this morning to fully inspect the order. As I pulled each piece out I was more and more impressed. I received anywhere from 1/2 to 1 full yard extra, thinking stuff sacks. Fabric was AWESOME quality and was exactly what I ordered.

I have several projects planned for this material as you can imagine, as I work with each fabric I will be adding to this review. First up will be a tarp made with the Digital Camouflage.

Digital Camouflage 66" Coated Ripstop Nylon Fabric WP

First let me say 16yd of 66" wide fabric is a huge piece of fabric... I cut 2 4yd pieces from the 16yds. After laying out and making cuts I ended up with approximately 13.75yds total fabric. Placed on the scales it was 792 grams which worked out to 2oz/yd. This will be a large tarp, 144" ridge line and 120" wide even after catcuts on sides. The fabric cuts like a hot knife through butter with a quality pair of shears, applied a little tension and just pushed the shears through the fabric. Had both sides layed out and cut in under thirty minutes.

Ripstop is 1/8"X1/8" grid as best I can measure, I don't have much experience with WP coatings and can not tell which side of the fabric it is on. I tried the standard blow through test and couldn't. I'll be doing a 24 hr water test tonight while I work on putting tarp together. I expect to be pleased with the results and will post them later...

Close-Up Digital Camo Ripstop

Tarp Panel Cut Out

Purple, Golden Yellow, Foliage, and Black Ripstop... BEAUTIFUL COLORS...

SEWING

Stitched 144" Flat Feld seam for ridge in one hour, for me that's a record. Fabric had good traction, I didn't need to pin, tape, or iron and seam turned out great. There was no stretch in fabric from one peice to the other and ended up lining up perfectly. I'm not sure if that is a result of being coated or not. Fabric was very easy to handle and I'm please with final seam.
    Last edited by sr1355; 03-19-2011 at 15:02. Reason: PICTURES
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB &amp; Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    That camo is going to make a nice looking tarp! I love your design.
    It is hard to find the combination of camo and light weight plus wide widths. You scored a winner and thanks for taking the time to review.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Thanks MAD, your initial review of the fabric from their ebay site prompted the order and my review.... What a great source for ripstop... Looking forward to working with all the fabrics...
    Happy Hangin'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I have an order in the pipeline...good to hear such positive comments.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    Waiting for my delivery also. I had to pay for mine though (Living this far from the rest of the world has it's drawbacks........ occasionally!)
    Awesome communication though, great dervice. Shipped promptly from placement of order,
    just takes its sweet time getting this far!
    Thanks to PuckerFactor in this threadhttp://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=27612 for the heads up.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    I had a chance to work with the Digital Ripstop this weekend. I made a tarp with a 144" Ridgeline, 84" side panel, 4" cat cut ends, and 6" cat cut side panel. Fabric was great to work with, no major issues, pulled through thread injector nicely once I set machine up right. I had no need to pin, tape, or iron as the fabric was very compliant. Pleased with the end results, waiting for d-rings to finish up but will post pics once complete. This is a HUGE piece of fabric, tarp with stuff sack should be under 2#, manageable for backpacking considering the size...10X12 for max coverage...

Fabric past my crude water test, basically made a water ballon with a section of material and let it hang for 36 hrs.... No leaks so I'd say we have a WINNER...

Next Up... TQ with either purple/black or golden/black...
    Happy Hangin'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Good to hear, SR. Can't wait to see the pix of the tarp set up!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

I've seen several weights listed for the 90x70 denier digital ripstop. Are you sure it weighs 2 oz a yard? I'd like to use it for a tarp but weight is a major concern.
    Thanks

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    As best I can figure it was a finished weight of 2.05 oz based on my calculations....That included the coating, I believe it started life as 1.5 oz fabric before the coating....
    Happy Hangin'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks sr1355 for your beautiful review. I hope you enjoy the fabrics. I've got many requests for silnylon fabrics and hope I can get my hands on some for you guys. What colors can you use?

Hoping to work with you,
    Rachel

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast