WB Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Std
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Line/Strap

Trying to get a handle on a hammock

Hey group, I am trying to figure out which hammock to buy and I have pretty much landed on a Warbonnet. The thing is, I am trying to decide between the Traveler or the BB. I kinda like the Traveler idea due to it's non cocoon look to it. Does it have a flat lay? Is it a comfortable hammock? Is there any benefit to getting the Traveler with a bug net over the BB? Thanks for any great insight you may have! BTW, I will mostly be camping in New England if it matters.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Std
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Line/Strap
    Well I guess nobody has used one much. I went ahead and ordered one in the 1.7 single flavor. Hopefully it will be a good entry to testing out what all this hanging around stuff is all about. I also ordered a MacCat Ultra to round out the package.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1oz Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Blackbird or traveler?

I just got my 1.0oz double layer blackbird. I can't wait to take it on a trek.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    The traveler and the BB have a similar lay. The BB has a footbox you will find makes for a comfortable, flat lay. There is also the shelf which is great for stowing gear you want to access easily. Of course the integrated bugnet makes it more for backpacking/camping whereas the traveler can be used for lounging/day hiking. Adding the bugnet to the traveler accomplishes the same thing as the BB but the edge in comfort goes to the BB IMO. You got a single layer so if you want to use a sleeping pad for bottom insulation it will require a little more tinkering. An UQ would eliminate that issue. I think you'll be happy with it. When you get it be sure to play around with it. Watch Brandon's video on how to set it up.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts