Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images

Squeeze

I did a search and found a couple things, but... I just got a Bridge from Fin, thanks Fin. Is shoulder squeeze just a by-product of a Bridge or is there a certain way to hang it. I tried lots of sag, no sag, some sag. I'm not a huge guy, not small either. Is this something I live with or can I get some help?

Thanks!!!!!

I found that I can feel the material on my bridge, but I don't experience any shoulder squeeze! Hang pretty much the same as all my other hammocks!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Can't speak about Fin's bridge design, but I had a BMBH and couldn't get past the shoulder squeeze issue. I met Walking Bear at the Arkansas hang. His bridge design is AWESOME and he doesn't get any shoulder squeeze at all...so go figure!

Did Fin say that his BMBH was one of Grizz's first ones? I could've swore someone on here sold one of Grizz's older versions, thought it was Fin but could be wrong. If it is however (and I don't know how to tell the difference) maybe Grizz could give you some pointers in adjusting/aleviating the issue??? Even if it's not I'm sure he can help/inform

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Can't speak about Fin's bridge design, but I had a BMBH and couldn't get past the shoulder squeeze issue. I met Walking Bear at the Arkansas hang. His bridge design is AWESOME and he doesn't get any shoulder squeeze at all...so go figure!

Sorry, should have been more clear, it's a Jacks-R-Better, design with the omni tape.

Edit: It is more than feel the material, it is a squeeze. I would need more time to see if I can live with it or not.

The BMBH and Grizz bridge are two totally different hammocks, same overall design and concept though!
    Sorry Texron I don't get any shoulder squeeze at all, I can feel the material and it kind of cradles my shoulders and body but not the squeeze like you describe!
    Do you know which design it is? I'm not too sure but I remember the Jacks changing the design around a bit, try and contact them and see if they have any pointer's to try help you?? They are both very nice and are more than willing to do what they can to help! I know that you got it used so there's only so much they can do! Good luck with it, I know that the more I lay in mine the more I am loving it!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    Sorry, should have been more clear, it's a Jacks-R-Better, design with the omni tape.
    Gotcha!

I had a Clark NA and had squeeze in it, too...so the BMBH isn't the only hammock with which I've experienced that issue.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. As with everything, folks have different reactions to the exact same gear. You may be able to fiddle around with it and make it work for you. It took me drastically shortening the ridgeline length of my Blackbird to finally do away with that fabric calf ridge that's plagued me since day one!

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Gotcha!

I had a Clark NA and had squeeze in it, too...so the BMBH isn't the only hammock with which I've experienced that issue.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. As with everything, folks have different reactions to the exact same gear. You may be able to fiddle around with it and make it work for you. It took me drastically shortening the ridgeline length of my Blackbird to finally do away with that fabric calf ridge that's plagued me since day one!
    Thats bizarre, I have a Clark NA and I'm fine in it Guess I'll just try different heights ect. if not I believe there is a for sale forum here.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by texron View Post
    I did a search and found a couple things, but... I just got a Bridge from Fin, thanks Fin. Is shoulder squeeze just a by-product of a Bridge or is there a certain way to hang it. I tried lots of sag, no sag, some sag. I'm not a huge guy, not small either. Is this something I live with or can I get some help?

Thanks!!!!!
    I have a BMBH and had it out this past weekend. I am a big guy with broad shoulders. I wouldn't say shoulder squeeze is a problem per say, it is just a different feeling compared to a gathered end hammock. I will say that in my BMBH hammock I found that I couldn't lay with my arms at my side due to how the arc is cut in the suspension and how the hammock fabric conforms to your body in that area.

The spreader bar length plays a factor into the overall feel of a bridge hammock. My BMBH spreader bars are 31" between the notches in the ends of the bar. From what I understand the design Grizz is producing is using a 36" spreader bar at the head end and a much smaller one at the foot end.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag

My spreader bars are about 9 inches from the end of the hammock to move them closer to the shoulders.
    Squeeze is not a problem for me and I've never been accused of being small.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast