Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    I have a BMBH and had it out this past weekend. I am a big guy with broad shoulders. I wouldn't say shoulder squeeze is a problem per say, it is just a different feeling compared to a gathered end hammock. I will say that in my BMBH hammock I found that I couldn't lay with my arms at my side due to how the arc is cut in the suspension and how the hammock fabric conforms to your body in that area.

The spreader bar length plays a factor into the overall feel of a bridge hammock. My BMBH spreader bars are 31" between the notches in the ends of the bar. From what I understand the design Grizz is producing is using a 36" spreader bar at the head end and a much smaller one at the foot end.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Brian

There is an idea I wouldn't have thought of, I'll try making some longer spreader bars, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    My spreader bars are about 9 inches from the end of the hammock to move them closer to the shoulders.
    Squeeze is not a problem for me and I've never been accused of being small.
    Can I do this on my hammock, and if so, HOW???

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    You can look at the video Smokehouse did of my hammock on the Ozark hang trip report. I show how I did it. You may be able to do the same thing. I put a dart in the head end of the hammock to raise the head a little because without it the head is low.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Have come to this party late.

a) you're not going to be able to use wider spreader bars on the BMBH
    without hacking the endcap. Think about it. The endcap is solid fabric,
    also 30" or so across. Mule opened up the endcap with a dart, filled it in, so that the top of the endcap matched the length of the longer spreader bar.
    He sold that rig, and it's popped up a couple of times in the For Sale forum, even recently.

b) I too have made a bridge where the spreader is moved down the body a foot or so to get the spread where you want it---over your shoulders. Really works. It is a bit more awkward getting in and out, sitting up. Would take a special kind of hackery to do that to a BMBH.

c) You might see how the BMBH works out for you sleeping on your side. You aren't up against the hammock sides that way.

good luck!
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    Wraith UL, XLC ,Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post

also 30" or so across. Mule opened up the endcap with a dart, filled it in, so that the top of the endcap matched the length of the longer spreader bar.
    He sold that rig, and it's popped up a couple of times in the For Sale forum, even recently.

b) I too have made a bridge where the spreader is moved down the body a foot or so to get the spread where you want it---over your shoulders. Really works. It is a bit more awkward getting in and out, sitting up. Would take a special kind of hackery to do that to a BMBH.

c) You might see how the BMBH works out for you sleeping on your side. You aren't up against the hammock sides that way.

good luck!
    Thanks Grizz. I am not a side sleeper so that is out. However, I need to check something out as I MAY be hanging it wrong. I'll check it out tonight and see.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    MLD Hex Tarp syl
    Insulation
    No Sniveler UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I ordered a JRB Torso Pad with my BMBH hopefully that will add a bit of structure.

If not enough I will use my REI dividend and the 20% to order a Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Trekker in the 25" x 47" torso size
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    I thought about a pad, in general I avoid them if I can. I might throw my thermarest in tonight and see if I like it. I am hanging it correctly, so I just might not be a bridge type of guy. I need a little more time with it

Quote Originally Posted by Sambeaux View Post
    I ordered a JRB Torso Pad with my BMBH hopefully that will add a bit of structure.

If not enough I will use my REI dividend and the 20% to order a Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Trekker in the 25" x 47" torso size

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl / Eno dbl
    Tarp
    Blackcat w/door
    Insulation
    crowsnest / yeti
    Images
    I have heard a few times on this forum that pads in a BMBH reduce shoulder squeeze. I just used my rei dividend on an exped 9 just to put in my BMBH. I am really hoping it will reduce the squeeze because I really like the flat lay in my bridge.
    Everybody wang chung tonight!

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ & Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow,TeWa,GoLite
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Straps
    Images
    Me too, I really want to like this hammock. I've always wanted one.

Quote Originally Posted by Booya View Post
    I have heard a few times on this forum that pads in a BMBH reduce shoulder squeeze. I just used my rei dividend on an exped 9 just to put in my BMBH. I am really hoping it will reduce the squeeze because I really like the flat lay in my bridge.

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post

good luck!

hey GriZZ.....thx for the plug....its on the FS now.....bob

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12