Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs

Mod suggestion (to 2q and zq)

This might have been discussed before, but I couldn't find it with a search, so I thought I would ask. Have you ever considered offering an option of replacing the stock Hennessy velcro closure with a better one, rather than just sewing it up? I get aggravated with my Hennessy velcro grabbing my baselayer or sock when I get in. Does Omnitape or some other type of hook and loop reduce this problem? I noticed you had a bunch of extra omnitape from doing other mods. I'm not sure I would send my hammock just to get this done, but I would certainly consider paying extra for the upgrade if I were getting a bug net mod or doors. Just a thought.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    This might have been discussed before, but I couldn't find it with a search, so I thought I would ask. Have you ever considered offering an option of replacing the stock Hennessy velcro closure with a better one, rather than just sewing it up? I get aggravated with my Hennessy velcro grabbing my baselayer or sock when I get in. Does Omnitape or some other type of hook and loop reduce this problem? I noticed you had a bunch of extra omnitape from doing other mods. I'm not sure I would send my hammock just to get this done, but I would certainly consider paying extra for the upgrade if I were getting a bug net mod or doors. Just a thought.
    We hear the same complaint with Omnitape as with velcro.... maybe not as much as hook and fuzz velcro but the nature of that type of closure system is somewhat prone to sticking to things and needing cleaned occasionally. Not much help I know. Sorry.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

• + New Posts