Tarp
    OES Sil MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Karo TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images

WTB. Gregory Z55 or Z65 large

Anyone have one of these packs laying around that they're not using? I'd like something a wee bit smaller and lighter than my Gregory Whitney for shorter trips.

Thanks

Corey

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Anyone have one of these packs laying around that they're not using? I'd like something a wee bit smaller and lighter than my Gregory Whitney for shorter trips.

Thanks

Corey
    I would recommend one of these if you are looking for something a little smaller and lightweight. Can't beat the price or return policy...

http://www.rei.com/product/820215
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed. -Il Duce

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it. - Thomas Jefferson

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Thanks

Corey
    Are you looking to get this before you move to the USA? If not, get an REI membership and look at the Flash 65. It is highly reviewed and right now REI is having a 20% off sale on 1 item until April 10th.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    OES Sil MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Karo TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    Are you looking to get this before you move to the USA? If not, get an REI membership and look at the Flash 65. It is highly reviewed and right now REI is having a 20% off sale on 1 item until April 10th.

Cheers

Brian
    Not necessarily. I just had an idle thought today about whether I could snag one used on here. I've got a bit of a crush on Gregory packs right now, but that looks like a nice alternative. They're opening an REI store in Manhattan that I'm sure I'll be spending some time at

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    [QUOTE=BrianWillan;434691]Are you looking to get this before you move to the USA? If not, get an REI membership and look at the Flash 65. It is highly reviewed and right now REI is having a 20% off sale on 1 item until April 10th.

Cheers

Brian[/QUOTE

A buddy of mine has a flash 65. very nice pack.
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed. -Il Duce

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it. - Thomas Jefferson

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Not necessarily. I just had an idle thought today about whether I could snag one used on here. I've got a bit of a crush on Gregory packs right now, but that looks like a nice alternative. They're opening an REI store in Manhattan that I'm sure I'll be spending some time at
    I know what you mean, I really like my Gregory Z55. Too bad you didn't want this sooner, MEC was still selling the Z55s off at $149 and the large torso size was the last to go.

Happy Hunting.

Brian

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    I usually warn people to try on those fixed frame "ultralight" (they aren't, really) packs that Gregory and Osprey make. If you don't have the right back length for the pack, it's a pretty awkward fit, and you can't adjust the frame at all. Nor can you swap out the belt or harness.

Or, only buy with a really good return policy. Like REI has.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    FWIW I use a Deuter ACT lite 65+10. It is under 4 lbs, and quite comfortable. The best feature IMHO is that the shoulder strap suspension is vertically adjustable. You can have the shoulder straps "hover" off your shoulders or make them sit on them nice and tight. Whatever you like. It is easy to change around on the trail as well, just velcro.

I let the shoulder straps hover and tighten the waist belt and all the pack weight sits right on your hips where you want it.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV. +1 on what lori said, I suggest trying a pack on because uncomfortable packs hurt!

Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    Just purchased my z55 large online for $150 with shipping - Hard to find now. REI has told me that they are not carrying that model anymore - trying to sell the new z40 model this year instead, and clearing out the z45. Hard to say why when the z55 was the 2010 backpaker magazine all-round winner.

I would go for the z55, I didnt like how the z65 felt on me. The z40 comes with a raincover included.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    OES Sil MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Karo TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samjaynes View Post
    Just purchased my z55 large online for $150 with shipping - Hard to find now. REI has told me that they are not carrying that model anymore - trying to sell the new z40 model this year instead, and clearing out the z45. Hard to say why when the z55 was the 2010 backpaker magazine all-round winner.

I would go for the z55, I didnt like how the z65 felt on me. The z40 comes with a raincover included.
    yeah, MEC up here stopped carrying them too... Should have picked one up over christmas...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast