Thread: ¡Gracia y paz!

¡Gracia y paz!

Hey there,

As graduate students my wife and I don't find nearly enough time to get out in the woods, but we are attempting to prioritize it. Last fall I decided to lug one of our Mayan hammocks out since our friends insisted on car camping. One night in that an my wife was sold. Not enough that she was willing to make a switch from our Tempur-pedic to a spreader bar hammock for full time sleeping like I've been pushing.

Say, speaking of exclusively sleeping in a hammock has anyone started raising a child in one rather than in a bed?

Aaron

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I don't think it would be very practical of starting a baby off in a hammock. They are fickle sleepers and it would be tough I think. Welcome to HF!

Fronkey

Thanks for the welcome. With infants I have also wondered about their breathing. That lead me to thinking about a Mayan, but then one has to consider little digits.

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Nobody puts baby in a hammock. Or was it a corner? Anyway, welcome Aaron. There's a ton of great info on here to soak up, enjoy.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    switchback, wbbb, clark ul
    Tarp
    oes standard/ultra
    Insulation
    jrb uq/ leighlo tq
    Suspension
    diy whoopiesling
    i would certainly stay away from the spreader bar hammock, they are not only quite uncomfortable after an hour or so but will dump you on the ground in the middle of the night, you might consider a brazillian hammock, no open mesh, and very comfortable

Syb,

Thanks for the welcome. I have enjoyed lurking for a while and even at times find all the information overwhelming. I guess I have to reel in my excitement a bit.

Bill,

I've never fallen out of one of our spreader bar hammocks. Well, I haven't unintentionally fallen out. Of the three we have two are spreader bar Mayans. While we have napped in the non-spreader bar I wonder how long it would take us to get used to sleeping crammed together... yeah, I don't mind cuddling, but at a point I have to cool down to sleep. I suppose it is a moot point for me... for now, but if anything ever happens to that bed who knows.

• + New Posts