Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    I just upgraded my set up. I added some Quick links in place of the rope that ran through the sewn ends of the hammock. Makes the hammock as short as I can get it. I also added a reinforcing band to the grab handle one end of the hammock is attached to. This makes the weight have to pull on both 1/4-28 bolts holding the handle on. It is still attached on the opposite end utilizing the upper door catch loop in the rear. I'll get some more pics up in the next day or two. I have my bullet proof set up now for under $25.00 including the hammock. And I can roll it up and tuck it out of the way making it barely noticeable and out of my field of my way.
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Hammock
    The Blackbird of Happiness
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH SS, Heat sheet
    Suspension
    Dutch clips
    It's beautifully colour coordinated with your interior too. What bliss!
    Kerri

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    HAAAA! Never gave it a thought, but is does go with it. SOOOO PRETTY!
    We must all learn to live together as brothers--or we will all perish together as fools. MLK

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I'm guessing my Mazda 323 is far too small for that
    Debi

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    Just a tad. But, If you roll down a couple of windows and build a couple of brackets. You'd be set.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    i have a '93 chevy g20, been trying to figure out how to hang my old eno in there. any suggestions welcome!!
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    Do you have any pics of the interior? Also a pic of the top loop in the center that the door latches on. I'll get another card for my camera and show some more detailed pics of how I did it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    3-Season Incubator
    Suspension
    Web w/Dutchclips
    I own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and have seen some tent cargo racks. Yes, racks that go on top of the Jeep that have a tent you just expand when needed...thus sleeping on the top of your Jeep. For some reason I always thought, 'hey that is cool, someday I'd like to get something like that if I ever go on safari..or something'....

Now, after seeing this crazy and yet wonderful idea I immediately thought, 'I wonder if I could use the roll cage in the Jeep to do something like that'...then realized after thinking a bit, that it would be too short, even with being the 4 door Jeep Wrangler. But then I thought...what about some sort or attachable vertical poles to use to hang the hammock above the Jeep. That might be something to consider looking into once I get the a roof rack. Though most places I'd go with the Jeep would have trees for the hammock...but since some places think we might be hurting the trees and not allow us....just hang above the Jeep.

Could be fun for tailgaiting....mark out the spot the night before, camp out right there to make sure you don't get anyone coming to steal your group of parking spot claims.

Maybe a short hammock would work IN the Jeep though...hrm. Might have to give this some more thought in the near future.

Awesome idea and implementation!

SL you're my hanger of the day... month even.. I work crazy hours.. at work right now actually.. doesn't really involve work so much as me just being here. Have to work double shifts farely regularly which start at 1400 and go to 0600.. There's literally NO WORK to do on the night shift, just be on property. I have a Suburban as well.. I think you know where this is going I would nap in the office but I can't let peeps see me if I do unofficially take a nap.. this could be the answer to all my woes. Needless to say, I'm checking this as soon as I go on lunch in about 30 seconds. Will I have to take all the seats out? Any seats out or can I just lay them down? I've thought about it before but never seriously... more like, wouldn't it be sweet if... Silverlion making the impossible, possible.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopies-n-Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    SL you're my hanger of the day... month even.. I work crazy hours.. at work right now actually.. doesn't really involve work so much as me just being here. Have to work double shifts farely regularly which start at 1400 and go to 0600.. There's literally NO WORK to do on the night shift, just be on property. I have a Suburban as well.. I think you know where this is going I would nap in the office but I can't let peeps see me if I do unofficially take a nap.. this could be the answer to all my woes. Needless to say, I'm checking this as soon as I go on lunch in about 30 seconds. Will I have to take all the seats out? Any seats out or can I just lay them down? I've thought about it before but never seriously... more like, wouldn't it be sweet if... Silverlion making the impossible, possible.
    I have my rear seat out and the mid seat folded down. Still working on those pics. Got off late then had martial arts so no time to get my new card for the camera. Wife won't let me delete pics off of them so it's time to get my own. The main reason I did mine is that due to allergy attacks, I get hardly any sleep some nights. I have a 1 hour commute and I get sleepy. I take a nap at lunch almost daily. I had an air mattress and poked a hole in it with an aluminum chip that was stuck to my clothes. So, I got a Wally world blue mat. After my hip and shoulder disliked that, I hung the hammock. I ain't looking back now. Fall asleep almost immediately and get some much needed rest.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast