Just ordered my 1st hammock a DD DD Travel Hammock

Hi all,

Well after watching all of shugs vids and being a lurcher here on the forums I took the plunge and ordered my 1st hammock

Could some one tell me if DD still have a problem with they webbing stretching ? Will I need to replance it with woopy slings ?

thank you

Hammock
    Dutchware Chamelon
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    unsponsored UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I have a DD Frontline and am very pleased with it. Think DD have got over the problem with the webbing stretching. Early hammocks came with green straps which streched. Mine came with black ones, theres still a little sag IMHO if you just use them on there own.

I have put a closed loop made from Amsteel through the channel on the frontline then use a carabiner to connect that to a whoopie sling then another carabiner to connect that to the orignal straps whch go round the tree. With this method I find I can put the black straps a could times round the tree and that it reduces any sag.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Hammock
    DD frontline, DIY DL ,WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    DD/DDXL/HH HEX/FOX
    Insulation
    diy underblanket
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopi
    Images
    Hello And Welcome!

I own a DD Frontline, And Ive replaced the webbing with Cargo webbing, and double rings as a quick adjustment. Works very good.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...imageuser=9148

here is some pics of my frontline with the mods I've done, if they are of any assistance

Welcome once again!
    -It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

Hammock
    dd frontline
    Tarp
    fox tarp
    Insulation
    thermarest prolite
    Suspension
    rings and webbing
    congrats englishbob and welcome. Good quality hammocks by DD.

The black webbing is good for throwing away imo. I went with webbing and buckles and more recently, whoopies. A lot of difference if you ask me. I dislike the black webbing, it's not really easy to tie tight, sags a lot and snags a lot.

wasnt' english bob someone who got severely spanked by the sherrif?? (unforgiven, movie) lol

wasnt' english bob someone who got severely spanked by the sherrif?? (unforgiven, movie) lol
    LOL yes he was

thanks every one for your replys and helpful insight. Looks like I will be buying some woopie slings soon

I little up date. I ordered some woopie slings. I have 'camped' two nights in the patio (much to my wifes amusement) Both times I ended up on the floor due to webbing stretch. So the webbing that comes with the is going to be filed under bin. great hammock but the webbing sucks.

I spent the 1st night on a pad but I also bought the snugpack under blanket which arrived in time for the 2nd night, VERY nice bit of kit. Keeped me TOO warm all night I end up throwing off my sleeping bag. It is a bit on the large side packed and heavy at 1Kg but it is well made to high quality. I am hoping to do a Utube review of it soon as I have not seen much info on it.

Regards
    Bob

Hammock
    Dutchware Chamelon
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    unsponsored UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishBob View Post
    I little up date. I ordered some woopie slings. I have 'camped' two nights in the patio (much to my wifes amusement) Both times I ended up on the floor due to webbing stretch. So the webbing that comes with the is going to be filed under bin. great hammock but the webbing sucks.
    Yeah it does strech a bit but once it has streched it seems to be ok. I still use the webbing that came with my Frontline. Did you use it doubled up? I do and find that its ok like that.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

• + New Posts