Quote Originally Posted by Hog On Ice View Post
Ok so plan B is somewhere along the cliffside trail - well if plan B happens then I'll just have to wing it I guess and look for someplace reasonable in that area
according to the map, cliffside (foot trail) & lewis fork (horse trail) join & become the same trail just off hwy 603.
after a ways, lewis fork goes off to the east & cliffside continues to follow the creek for a ways futher.
the suggestion was made to me that there would be lots of places to camp along this fairly level trail, next to the creek, protected by a steep mountain on the west side of the creek.
we could camp before the trails divide, or after, but either way we would be on the trail next to the creek.
i believe that there will be snow, so the first ones in will be leaving tracks. there could be others out there, but probably not many. the 1st ones could also leave a note on there car dash w/ trail name.

but.... my only concern is that i over looked asking about parking at those two trail heads. the map doesn't show a "P", but if two trails end there i would think there would be parking.
i know there is parking for 8 or 10 cars at the AT/603 crossing just east of there.
unless someone here knows what the parking is like at the cliffside trail head, it might be safer to just park at the AT/603 trail head & hike up to old orchard shelter.