Thread: New in NM

adumbration

New in NM

Hey folks,
    I've been lurking on the forum for a while and finally registered as I am getting ready to try my hand at DIY projects..

I decided to start looking at alternatives to the tent last summer after being on one too many uncomfortable scout campouts with my son's troop. I'm too old to sleep on rocks, sticks and roots and not feel it first thing in the morning. Soon, I stumbled across the idea of hammock camping and was intrigued. I was able to find a few sites that sold the hammocks and eventually decided to give the Hennessy a try.

I'm digging it, but there is still so much to learn. My son's Christmas present was a hammock and I decided to look at making hammocks for the rest of the family.

My girls are excited, and my wife is willing to consider it. Especially after laying in my hammock on a weekend picnic a month or two ago.

We have a new thread injector and I am going through Ramblinrevs videos now. I am excited with the idea of making a big family tarp, underquilts, top quilts and maybe a pack or two.

I've already learned much by hanging around in the forums. Hopefully, I can find some way to contribute and enrich the community.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Be careful. DIY can be extremely addicting. Welcome to HF!

Fronkey

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I recall seeing a thread on outfitting a scout troop with hammock systems for not too much money..could be worth your while to seek that out- sorry I do not have the link handy, but should be in the DIY forum...
    welcome to the learning curve! KM

• + New Posts