hennesy hammock
    Tarp
    small enugh to put
    Insulation
    therma rest ridgid
    Suspension
    tree huggers

my thought on warmth

i have the hh and love it. i had to do an emergency sleep out in my hh one night in winter with the temp at about 30 when i was setting up and by the time i went to sleep it was in the teens. i use a thermarest rigid sort pad and my 20 deg. sleeping bagslept all night. now that works for me and in not saying that it will work for you bt you may want to experiment a little.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I've done one overnighter with my HH Explorer Deluxe and HHSS. It took me an extra couple of minutes for the first time install of the HHSS.

It got down to 37* F with low winds the night we were out.

I used the HHSS as designed, with a military ICW sleeping bag and poncho liner as my top insulation.

I hate wearing coats/etc... to bed. Slept in a pair of BDU pants, long john flannel shirt, and a pair of dry cotton socks.

I was TOASTY, with no condensation whatsoever. And I'm a notoriously (per my wife) cold sleeper.

No adjustments or fiddling with anything that night...and didn't install/use the overcover either.

I'm curious how low I'll be able to go with this setup WITH the overcover...but won't see that til next fall/winter.

No experience with official TQ's or UQ's. Just what I've posted, and a ton of experience tent camping with the ICW/PL/Military issue CCF. This was FAR more comfortable and warmer than tent camping.

Never tried a Supershelter myself. It looks like it would be easier to use with a zipper mod. '

For a Hennessy hammock, the go to bottom insulation is the original JRB NEST. All else pales in comparison. Get is adjusted, put a blackbishop bag on the foot end of the hammock...done.

Images
    On the subject of fiddle factor for the HHSS vs other UQs, here is an example from post #37 in this thread:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...305#post448305
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Anybody have an AHE Potomac that you use with your DJ? I'm having trouble keeping my back and butt warm. The quilt doesn't really fit the hammock, the loops that the side tieouts are supposed to go through are not in the corrects spots. One will be correct while the other is off even if I spin it around. Anybody have any tricks to the AHE Potomac? My back and butt were cold at only 50 degrees! I got a couple of suggestions in another thread but I thought I would ask you guys before I try them. I'm thinking of just selling the thing and getting down from HG, I know for sure I'll be warm in a HG Incubator!
    These sorts of posts are actually pretty common, as pointed out by TeeDee/Tiredfeet a few posts back. Point being, there can be some fiddle factor with any UQ, some learning curve.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12