Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images

Just got My order in from JRB

andddd I love it!! I got a large gear hammock/pack cover, grip clips, and a set of tree straps. honestly the gear hammock/pack cover was what I have had my eye on for a while . I couldnt wait to get it and It arrived today. So I tried it out on my kelty redwing 3100 and it fit over it nice with some extra room so I tried it on my 5900 capacity jansport carson 80 pack and it fit the pack so well that I would swear it was made for it. Can't wait to hit the trail tomorrow and test the gear hammock. might even go set it up outside if it ever stops raining haha. grip clips were aweasome I can't wait to go use them, they weigh practicly nothing but have a million uses. and the trap straps were a way better price and they are a longer upgrade to my hennessy straps. Im 100% happy with my purchase and I would highly recommend them to anyone else.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Yeah, I’ve bought a fair bit of stuff from JRB and like you have been happy with what I got, and the service! I like that their stuff is made in the USA and I also like the little American flag they attach to most of their products. I hope the Jacks are looking after their workers, because they are looking after them. I’ve got four JRB quilts and I love them to bits! If you ever need a top or under quilt, you know where to look.

I have the regular size, 34"x36" Jeff's Gear Hammock/Pack Cover and, rain or shine, I use it to cover my Gossamer Gear, Mariposa Plus Ultralight Backpack. I attached a photo of it with two JRB Micro-Biners attached. I leave them on all the time so I don’t have to find them when I want to use the cover as a gear hammock.

I have also attached a photo showing how I mostly use my cover in camp. You will see that I make a tripod with a piece of elastic cord and three sticks. The top of my pack has a hang up loop, which I put through one of the three sticks to hold the pack up. I call it a pack rack. Then I pull the pack cover down off the top of the pack and rest it on the ground (no sharp sticks or rocks). Here’s the useful part... I then use it to store bits and pieces I take out of my pack in order to keep them clean, and if the ground is wet, dry too.

I have also discovered that while walking in showery conditions, I can fold up and store my DriDucks Poncho in between my pack and pack cover (shake the water off, fold it and dry with your shirt what is still visible first). It is very easy to reach behind and take the poncho out when it rains and put it back when it stops, without having to take my pack off, or stop walking for that matter. With my poncho covering my pack cover and my pack cover covering my pack, my JRB quilts are sure to stay dry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruciehi5; 04-27-2011 at 21:57. Reason: Typos

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Yeah, I’ve bought a fair bit of stuff from JRB and like you have been happy with what I got, and the service! I like that their stuff is made in the USA and I also like the little American flag they attach to most of their products. I hope the Jacks are looking after their workers, because they are looking after them. I’ve got four JRB quilts and I love them to bits! If you ever need a top or under quilt, you know where to look.

I have the regular size, 34"x36" Jeff's Gear Hammock/Pack Cover and, rain or shine, I use it to cover my Gossamer Gear, Mariposa Plus Ultralight Backpack. I attached a photo of it with two JRB Micro-Biners attached. I leave them on all the time so I don’t have to find them when I want to use the cover as a gear hammock.

I have also attached a photo showing how I mostly use my cover in camp. You will see that I make a tripod with a piece of elastic cord and three sticks. The top of my pack has a hang up loop, which I put through one of the three sticks to hold the pack up. I call it a pack rack. Then I pull the pack cover down off the top of the pack and rest it on the ground (no sharp sticks or rocks). Here’s the useful part... I then use it to store bits and pieces I take out of my pack in order to keep them clean, and if the ground is wet, dry too.

I have also discovered that while walking in showery conditions, I can fold up and store my DriDucks Poncho in between my pack and pack cover (shake the water off, fold it and dry with your shirt what is still visible first). It is very easy to reach behind and take the poncho out when it rains and put it back when it stops, without having to take my pack off, or stop walking for that matter. With my poncho covering my pack cover and my pack cover covering my pack, my JRB quilts are sure to stay dry.
    Im glad you like your purchase as much as I did. I use my gear hammock alot. It has a million uses. I never thought to store something inbetween the pack cover and pack. good idea

• + New Posts