Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Senior Member Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,390
    Images
    46

    A funny thing happened at Wal-Mart

    Ok, I was at Wal-Mart with my son (Who decided in his infinite wisdom that his trail name shoulod be Caution) picking up a few groceries when I heard someone say "Hey Hooch". I turned around to see a totally unfamiliar face, but tried to be nice and say hi back. He realized I had no clue who he was, and it turned out that it was none other than Rigidpsycho and his 2 daughters. Maybe HF is a smaller world than we thought it was. By the way, It was nice meeting you and your kids, Rigidpsycho. I hope we can finally get the Kentucky Hangers together for dinner somewhere soon!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Walking Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairbury NE
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Posts
    855
    Yep it's a small world sometimes.

  3. #3
    Senior Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,657
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Ok, I was at Wal-Mart with my son (Who decided in his infinite wisdom that his trail name shoulod be Caution) picking up a few groceries when I heard someone say "Hey Hooch". I turned around to see a totally unfamiliar face, but tried to be nice and say hi back. He realized I had no clue who he was, and it turned out that it was none other than Rigidpsycho and his 2 daughters. Maybe HF is a smaller world than we thought it was. By the way, It was nice meeting you and your kids, Rigidpsycho. I hope we can finally get the Kentucky Hangers together for dinner somewhere soon!
    C'mon Hooch, fess up. You really were in the fabric department, applying the burn test to some interesting new material. That was Rigidpsycho's tip off for sure.

    Meeting a total HF stranger in the produce section, who is going to believe that???

    Grizz
    Last edited by GrizzlyAdams; 02-14-2008 at 17:14.

  4. #4
    Senior Member rigidpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Posts
    1,147
    Images
    57
    Nah actually he was in the freezerbag section getting supplies for his trip this wekend. It was nice to finally meet you and Noah Hooch.
    Chris

  5. #5
    Senior Member Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,390
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by rigidpsycho View Post
    Nah actually he was in the freezerbag section getting supplies for his trip this wekend. It was nice to finally meet you and Noah Hooch.
    Shhhhh......the trip's a secret. nic eto meet you and your girls, too!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Preacha Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northwest, Arkansas
    Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Posts
    650
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Shhhhh......the trip's a secret. nic eto meet you and your girls, too!
    Sooooo, where ya going Hooch
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

  7. #7
    Senior Member Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,390
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacha Man View Post
    Sooooo, where ya going Hooch
    I don't think that's any of your business. Since you're a man of the cloth (Ripstop, that is), I'll spill the beans. Doc and I are overnighting on the AT from Wayah Crest back to NOC. We've both had bites from the hike bug for a couple weeks and decided to do something about it.

    Edit: If anyone's interestied in joining us, PM me here or on WB and I'll fill you in on all the details.

  8. #8
    Senior Member rigidpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Posts
    1,147
    Images
    57
    OOPS! Sorry Hooch. Hey di you look at material while you were there. I saw some olive green DWR looking ripstop.
    Chris

  9. #9
    Senior Member Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,390
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by rigidpsycho View Post
    OOPS! Sorry Hooch. Hey di you look at material while you were there. I saw some olive green DWR looking ripstop.
    No worries, man. No, I didn't look at the material at all. The short guy isn't too patient sometimes when I look at material, so I'll take a peek at it tomorrow before I leave town. Thanks for the heads up! Was it in the dollar bin?

  10. #10
    Senior Member rigidpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Posts
    1,147
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    No worries, man. No, I didn't look at the material at all. The short guy isn't too patient sometimes when I look at material, so I'll take a peek at it tomorrow before I leave town. Thanks for the heads up! Was it in the dollar bin?
    yup It was on the top shelf closest to sporting goods
    Chris

Similar Threads

  1. Another Wal Mart pad???
    By Downhill Trucker in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 19:54
  2. bad new...wal mart
    By kitesurfer in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 19:02
  3. A Funny Thing Happened At Work Last Night
    By Hooch in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 05:26

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •