Half-Wit/Dangerbird, Darien..
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Woopie Sling

Question Please Help

Ok, I am a newbie and want to know.... I hung in my new warbird this last weekend. I feel like I am doing something wrong. When I am lying down with my feet in the foot box. My left leg has this rubbing feeling. I have moved around by trying different angles, but it is still there. Can someone please help with some Suggestions...

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    pictures would help. could be a few things. not enough sag. angle of tree straps

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    When I am lying down with my feet in the foot box. My left leg has this rubbing feeling.
    Greenman, if by 'rubbing feeling' you mean the pressure on your leg from the tight fabric running lengthwise down the center of the hammock. I am from the school that believes this comes from hanging the hammock to tight between the trees. I'm assuming by warbird you mean the Warbonnet Blackbird hammock.

If that's the case the BB has a structural ridge line ( SRL). When laying in the hammock the srl should not be real tight, taut. You should be able to reach up and pinch the srl between thumb and index finger and twist it , like turning your car key, to about ninety degrees S without to much effort. If its hard to twist then your hang is to tight. If the srl is floppy loose then the hammock is too loose. Works for me.

Anyway, you might want to read this thread,
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ight=WBBB+calf
    to see if this is the issue you're having and see the solutions suggested.
    Maybe it will help, or perhaps I've not understood the problem.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    You should also hang the foot end about 6-10" higher than the head end. The center of mass for a male is above your navel, which would cause your feet to slip too far into the foot-end.

I find if I shift a little off my back, it helps a little. Others put their pack under their knees, or a jacket stuffed into the arm like a round pillow.

Keep fiddling, you'll get it!
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Senior Member backpackingZombie's Avatar
    Hammock
    DB 1.1
    Tarp
    CCS 8'x10'
    Insulation
    Arroyo & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies + toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    You should also hang the foot end about 6-10" higher than the head end. The center of mass for a male is above your navel, which would cause your feet to slip too far into the foot-end.
    good advice. i was in mine for the first time the other day and though quite comfy i felt something was off, and I think this was it

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Sounds like the ridge line may be a little tight. I was also feeling this and found that I was too far down into the foot box, so I moved a few inches toward the head end and a little towards the zipper and...... ahhh there it is, the perfect lay

Hammock
    Half-Wit/Dangerbird, Darien..
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Woopie Sling

Will try...

Thank you everyone.. I was thinking and yes my SRL was way too tight. I did lower my head end the second night thinking that would help. I will keep trying and trying and trying,,,,
    Oh and I did not take picutes because I was using my tent rain fly because I am having someone make me a tarp and then I will make a light backpack myself after I am done desighning it. First I will work on my hang...

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

• + New Posts