The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images

Test Pic Post: WBB Dbl 1.0

test pic post:
    2nd Hang First hammock Pic with Cel Phone.

Last edited by HWS; 04-14-2011 at 23:52.
    I hike with SCISSORS cause it makes me feel dangerous ... LoL

Images
    looks like your blocking the trail
    congrats!
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WBBB DL1.0
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 0*
    Suspension
    Web Straps
    Thanks for posting this picture.

I have been on the fence between the 1.0 and the 1.1. I was worried the 1.0 was really dark black. In the sun I see it is not so dark.

You helped me make up my mind.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.0, DYI
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images

Reply Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    looks like your blocking the trail
    congrats!
    Thanks kayak karl, not only was I blocking the trail but I"m also blocking this website with my gigantic test picture. WoW did that pic post large... Sorry HF members for my giant poster picture!

Quote Originally Posted by zugcat View Post
    Thanks for posting this picture.

I have been on the fence between the 1.0 and the 1.1. I was worried the 1.0 was really dark black. In the sun I see it is not so dark.

You helped me make up my mind.
    zugcat, Love the color, love the feel of the material, quite roomy too, love my WB Dbl 1.0.

Last Sunday was fantastic, we had a 80 degree day in Northern Ohio. Great time, went fishing with my brothers, nephews, and niece. Played around with my hammock and some hiking gear. Forgot my camera in my vehicle had only my cel phone to shoot pics with.

Anyway, When I upload my pictures. I'll be posting a short review with more with hammock pics. No worries, I think you will really like the color of the WB 1.0. (I Do).

Also no worries with the pictures either. I'll be posting them in thumbnails only!

Here's a sampling of what I like to call the WBB_Stealth_Bomber in the first pic.

Pic 2 is WBB hammock fully deployed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    that first pic is trippy. It is my new background haha. not to sound strange but that really is a nice picture

I've read several say the color looks more green than charcoal, which is great news for me...I just ordered one on Monday.

I've never used a hammock, so I hope it's not too difficult. From the vids, it looks pretty simple.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.0, DYI
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Images

Thanks for your post...

Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    that first pic is trippy. It is my new background haha. not to sound strange but that really is a nice picture
    Yes it is a bit of a trippy picture. Did you see the what I named it? (wbb_in_wonderland) Glad you liked it. HaHa, Enjoy your new desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by munchie3409 View Post
    I've read several say the color looks more green than charcoal, which is great news for me...I just ordered one on Monday.
    I've never used a hammock, so I hope it's not too difficult. From the vids, it looks pretty simple.
    munchie3409, Congratulations on your new WBB hammock purchase! I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

Sorry they were just cel phone pictures. But I think you can get an idea on the color. I like the way the color changes with the lighting. I think you will be very happy with the your WBBB Hammock and the color. I'm very pleased with it myself.

Love my hammock, very comfortable fabric, IMO surprisingly spacious too.

Set up is a snap. You be hanging like a pro in no time.

Check out Brandon's from Warbonnet video on how to set up the WBBB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWlM0pROnpU

Happy hammocking and trails to ya... HWS

P.S. Tip- You can see in the pics that the double ennded hammock bag cover stays on the straps at one end of the hammock. I have mine at the foot end. I stow extra gear in there like tent stakes and the like and cinch down the end.

My hammock has shipped today, so it should be here soon. Does the tree straps have loops in them? I asked Brandon if he offered any color beside black and he said no. I'd like to get any color beside black for my tree straps.

I really didn't want to spend the money on the WB, but everyone that owns one seem to like them so much. I don't mind paying for quality, so I am glad that this was my first hammock.

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Munchie: The tree straps have a single fixed loop on one end. They're not like the slap straps ENO sells. I think people generally use a carabiner or Dutch clip in the loop to secure the strap to itself around the tree. Alternatively, you can thread the webbing back through the loop, but that's a pain to do every time because you'll have to take the straps off the buckles.

If you really hate the black straps, you can get polyester straps in all colors and patterns from Strapworks. Very good service, although the webbing is somewhat heavier than the straps you'll get from Brandon. I have straps in black and white argyle.

Stealthy? No. Sassy? Yes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for putting this up..I was on the fence about getting the 1.0 and ordered it Monday also!!! I cannot wait to get the hammock!! It is my first also but after reading what everyone has said about the WBBB I had to have one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast