Thread: ENO double nest

Hammock
    ENO-HH-Gatherd
    Tarp
    http://www.hammock
    Suspension
    Rings-webbing

ENO double nest

I know there is a post somewhere, but for the life of me I can’t find it again.
    I just got an ENO double nest that I switch out the stock suspension for webbing and rings. I double looped 5/32 spyder line thru the channel, attached the rings with a Prusik Knot, and finished it all off with a double fisherman’s.
    Here’s the thing. 1. There seems to be alot of excess material on the sides. Is this just the norm for the DN? 2. Everything is getting squeezed to the middle, especially my shoulders. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to recenter everything on the Spyder line. But I won’t be able to pull the outside edges slightly forward like I do when I whip my gathered end hammocks because of the channel. Is there a way I should be cinching everything up on the Spyder line?
    This hammock will mostly be used for two people and not necessarily an overnight/ camping hammock. GF and I just enjoy lounging down by the lake most of the time.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
    01 R1
    01 CBR929
    08DRZSM
    07BMW F650GS
    92 DR650 24-7 365
    03 KTM 450EXC

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0dl + DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    SPE & Sum Phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Glad to see this question here.

I have a ENO DN due to be delivered today and I am planning to redo the ends Warbonnet style and add whoopies and maybe a ridgeline. I'm new to hammocks so I'm trying to absorb as much info. as I can. I don't know if I have this right, but it seems to me that if you run a cord through the channel at the end of the hammock, there really isn't any choice about the gather...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I have an ENO DN which i have experimented since I got it.

The excess material on the sides is a common issue. It ends up flopping. What I ended up doing was actually cutting off the different coloured side material which solved my issues. It was just a little too wide for me. With it being narrower the sides do not flop and I lay diagonally just right.

I tried whipping it Warbonnet style but that was after I had cut of the sides and there wasn't much difference that I noticed. I remember reading a thread where someone redid the foot end in such a way as to pull the sides tighter to eliminate the flop but I can't find it.

The parachute nylon tends to create more of a bathtub feel to the hammock. My WBBB, (and Traveler I used to have) and Sitchback LH do not give the same feeling so I guess the material has a lot to do with it. I have an unmodified DN clone and the flop is there as well.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    diy or Dream
    Tarp
    MacCat delx
    Insulation
    diy & HG
    Suspension
    whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_dave View Post
    1. There seems to be alot of excess material on the sides. Is this just the norm for the DN? 2. Everything is getting squeezed to the middle, especially my shoulders.
    while relatively new to the forum i became a full time hanger last october using the double nest. 1. unless i lay at an extreme diagonal, head and feet at / on the edges floppy sides have been the norm for me regardless of amount of sag. 2. can't say that i've ever noticed a problem with shoulder squeeze. using the stock suspension with a 102" ridge line from biner to biner

have you played around with the amount of sag?

Hammock
    ENO-HH-Gatherd
    Tarp
    http://www.hammock
    Suspension
    Rings-webbing
    I’ve only had it out a handful of times and played with the sag very little. I can get it good for myself but it seems harder to do with the gf.
    When I have had the sag set better I got the bathtub feel like stated above. That’s the perfect description BTW. Its not an uncomfortable hammock, it’s just different then my gathered end and HH. I didn’t know if I had caused the loose sides and (bathtub) feel by changing the suspension.
    Last edited by crazy_dave; 04-14-2011 at 07:43.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
    01 R1
    01 CBR929
    08DRZSM
    07BMW F650GS
    92 DR650 24-7 365
    03 KTM 450EXC

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I have a Trek Light double which is very similar to the ENO DN. I have the floppy sides also. Just part of the deal for a wider hammock I guess??? I sleep on a diagonal and I'm comfy. With two people in the hammock I'm guessing you can't get enough diagonal to get rid of the bathtub feel. I doubt that your suspension system has much to do with it. I also have a WB Traveler that I have only hung in once so far. As Bubba mentioned, the fabric in the Trek Light/ENO does have more give than the Traveler fabric. I've noticed it more when I go to get out of the hammock, than when I'm sleeping in it. Keep experimenting. I'm sure you'll get it dialed in better.
    KJ

Hammock
    diy or Dream
    Tarp
    MacCat delx
    Insulation
    diy & HG
    Suspension
    whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I remember reading a thread where someone redid the foot end in such a way as to pull the sides tighter to eliminate the flop but I can't find it.
    this thread perhaps?

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=29560

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I have an ENO DN which i have experimented since I got it.

The excess material on the sides is a common issue. It ends up flopping. What I ended up doing was actually cutting off the different coloured side material which solved my issues. It was just a little too wide for me. With it being narrower the sides do not flop and I lay diagonally just right.

I tried whipping it Warbonnet style but that was after I had cut of the sides and there wasn't much difference that I noticed. I remember reading a thread where someone redid the foot end in such a way as to pull the sides tighter to eliminate the flop but I can't find it.

The parachute nylon tends to create more of a bathtub feel to the hammock. My WBBB, (and Traveler I used to have) and Sitchback LH do not give the same feeling so I guess the material has a lot to do with it. I have an unmodified DN clone and the flop is there as well.
    Doesn't that make it a single then?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post

No it was another thread where the guy whipped the end and folded it over and then wrapped the amsteel around it or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Doesn't that make it a single then?
    Its still 10 inches wider than a single nest and there are no seams to lie on as well. Basically it made it the same width as the WB Traveler I had. I had a single nest knock off and the seams dug in to me when laying on them. I have tried an ENO SN since then and the seams were no were near as bad but I could still feel them.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Traveler does seem to be about the perfect width though I really do love the excessive space in the eno dbl.. traveler has become my go to..

• + New Posts