diy 2ply; eno single
    Tarp
    Nylon 10'12'
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    unknown @ this tim

A wee bit more info and need for opinions

I have got to blame YouTube, Shug, Medicjimr and others for getting me back into camping, hiking and etc. As I watch each video or read each tale/post on the forum, I am drawn deeper into the addiction again. After 30 some years, I thought I had kicked the habit, guess not!

Now I have started to planning to go wandering. Thanks all...with friends like you folks I will be in the poor outhouse again. Since economics is a matter of great significance, I will just have to plan on doing a wee bit of work to get what I need.

I dug out my "single burner Coleman stove" still had fuel in it after sitting in its container for the last decade plus. My sleeping bag is rated to "0", it has been in the closet for the last several years..so I have work ahead. I have a few tarps both those "blue" ones and nylon - looked at the nylon yesterday - probably will have to recoat them - have one that should work well as a tarp for the hammock - 8'x12'. Looking to try to work in a couple 5'x7' tarps in for the doors, but that will take a thought or two.
    If I understand matter right, a hammock is simply a rectangle of material gathered together and hung between a couple of supports. Right or am I wrong?
    My pack would be an old Jansport external, rather go with a internal frame or frame-less one...that will have to be saved for. Any suggestions, folks?
    Cook-kit is a choice of 24-ounce "Progresso" soup can, a 46-ounce Tomato juice can or using my military canteen cup. Probably choose my canteen cup.
    Will have to steal an empty catfood can or two to make myself an alcohol stove - the cats will understand.
    And that brings to an end my current train of thought. If anyone has any suggestion, please don't hesitate to share them...
    Thanks u'all
    Pat

I love Maple syrup; to play in hollows and rills; play with sgian and to eat Bacon & beef. Life is good.

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Welcome, we have enough PA members on her to warrant our own site I think!

By the way, If your short on dough and need to update some gear, check out the PIF thread in the for sale area.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Images
    Just gettin' out there is the deal, for me anyway. The gear is just a means, and sounds like you are well on your way to having the means to get out there!

There's a few stickys in the DIY forum that may be of interest to you. Also, I hope you can make it to the MAHHA the end of the month at Pine Grove Furnace. For info on that, check out the trip planning forum.

On the stove, I don't have cats so I bought a potted meat can. I think I'd rather have eaten the cat food! HA! Just wanted to share that with ya!

• + New Posts