Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by d-p View Post
    ...dp's engineering field testing is "seat of the pants" with...
    And I repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    ...many of us have experimented with the things you're talking about...
    Some of us are trying to help you...

Good luck in your endeavor.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    I've decided not to post a detailed review because it appears that this group will pick it apart. That's really too bad, because I think the top quilt and underquilt I received are good equipment and well made, regardless of who made it or what they say.

Last night I slept in the combo (TQ+UQ) down to 47F and was actually a little warm. I ended up replacing the TQ with a fleece blanket and was comfortable. I'm guessing I'll be fine down to 40F.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by d-p View Post

FYI: This is my last comment with this thread ...

dp dave
    i'd just give up too......your doing more damage than good each time you post.....

you've had a couple of the best minds in the country when it comes to making this stuff, try and give you some advice and you just completely disregard and ignore it

i guess it's your product, you make it however you like.....i wish you good luck selling them, god forbid you might actually make a them better if you'd just listen to some of the people that are trying to help

boot
    Last edited by Boothill; 05-08-2011 at 19:35.
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    I've decided not to post a detailed review because it appears that this group will pick it apart. That's really too bad, because I think the top quilt and underquilt I received are good equipment and well made, regardless of who made it or what they say.

Last night I slept in the combo (TQ+UQ) down to 47F and was actually a little warm. I ended up replacing the TQ with a fleece blanket and was comfortable. I'm guessing I'll be fine down to 40F.
    i think you should post your review.... we would love to hear about how well it worked and what you didn't like

most of us are not trying to be mean or rude to D.p. ...the problem is he can't give a strait answer on how his quilt works ... how he gets 4inch of loft from 1/2 thick insulation how this air pocket works... or how he figured out a way to defy how insulation works... if he found some way to do this we would love to know how don't hide it share it so we can learn and take the next step forward in hammock camping
    and his insulation he uses... no one asked where he is getting it ...just what it is he is using.. the problem i see is some of the cheap synth insulation after being stuffed and un-stuffed will go flat after some use ... if i'm going
    spend money on a product i wanna know whats being used inside it... everything at any store has a tag stating whats used in the product i really didn't see anything wrong or rude about asking what he uses it's a pretty simple question if you ask me... he shot himself in the foot
    like Just jeff said alot of us has tried most of what he is talking about and he totally disregarded our post when it came to how and why
    to be honest after all this i don't see me ever ordering from dphammock.com

but i still would like to see some reviews on his UQ's ....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!

Insulation Issue.

Let's clear up the insulation issue once and for all, shall we?
    Federal Law states:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Format Approved by International Association of Bedding and Furniture Law Officials (IABFLO)
    at Annual Conference March 1998
    Filling Materials Description:
    Shall be described by the true generic name, grade, description term, or definitions of the filling material as accepted and approved by the state. When more than one kind of filling material is used in a mixture, the percent by weight of each shall be listed in order of their predominance. Federal fiber tolerance standards are applicable. In the case of non-down filled articles, any fiber or groups of individual fiber present in an amount of less than 5% by weight, of the total fiber content may be designated only as "other fibers".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume it goes for Indiana, also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBeT4ptY9sY

BF

Don't hate the messenger...we all knew this day would come.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Has anyone tried sleeping with this under quilt's insulation entirely snug against their back? Remove the magic air pocket created, and see if you are warmer or colder than with the air pocket. Seems like an easy test to me... Just a thought.

Seriously, get outside and hike. There's far too many cyber hikers in this thread...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    Seriously, get outside and hike. There's far too many cyber hikers in this thread...
    +1

I'm done here. Going hiking instead!

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    I want to throw my towel in on this one!

First, anyone that has hiked with DP, knows he makes his own gear/uses his own gear.
    Second, anyone that has hiked with DP, knows he never complains - not a peep.
    Third, anyone that has hiked with DP, knows he's one of the "good guys" - honest.
    Fourth, anyone that has hiked with DP and checked out his gear, it is UL.

That all said.... yes, it is nice to know all the in's and out's of gear, but you rarely get it and it's not what usually makes the sale. What makes the sale is... 1 does it meet your needs 2 do you like it 3 I'll call the magic factor If this works for you fine, if not... don't make a purchase, but don't throw a tantrum and besmirch his reputation. Period. As kids say, "don't go there". DP has make is sales pitch. It's nothing more or less than anyone else.
    I like big hammocks - I cannot like.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    I want to throw my towel in on this one!

First, anyone that has hiked with DP, knows he makes his own gear/uses his own gear.
    Second, anyone that has hiked with DP, knows he never complains - not a peep.
    Third, anyone that has hiked with DP, knows he's one of the "good guys" - honest.
    Fourth, anyone that has hiked with DP and checked out his gear, it is UL.

That all said.... yes, it is nice to know all the in's and out's of gear, but you rarely get it and it's not what usually makes the sale. What makes the sale is... 1 does it meet your needs 2 do you like it 3 I'll call the magic factor If this works for you fine, if not... don't make a purchase, but don't throw a tantrum and besmirch his reputation. Period. As kids say, "don't go there". DP has make is sales pitch. It's nothing more or less than anyone else.
    Not a question of his integrity...just his claims.

BF

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast