WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    I research all of my gear inside and out and lack of specific insulation type would be a major info gap for me, make it hard to pull the trigger wondering if I'm getting repurposed walmart sleeping bags? Or that grade of material?
    ^this^

not only would it make it hard for me to pull the trigger, it will keep me from pulling it all together

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images

Your venture buddy, just giving you some consumer... or potential consumer, feedback. I research all of my gear inside and out and lack of specific insulation type would be a major info gap for me, make it hard to pull the trigger wondering if I'm getting repurposed walmart sleeping bags? Or that grade of material?
    I understand you not knowing the product inside and out but its pretty clear that he has some positive feedback from people who saw it at the hang. He also has other people saying it looks great. I think its kind of insulting to say that it might be like a repurposed walmart bag. I know you don't know 100% about it but if you really want to know more why don't you email him. you can look at the pictures and tell its quality work.

decided to take down my response. I'm not going to justify asking a perfectly legitimate questions and showing the basis for asking it. DP, I've sent it to you, newton, if you want a copy just ask. Next time instead of calling me insulting, read my post thoroughly OR PM me, like you asked me to do, even though I was following the conversation that wasn't even initiated by me. Thanks
    Last edited by Red Wing; 04-25-2011 at 20:19.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    decided to take down my response. I'm not going to justify asking a perfectly legitimate questions and showing the basis for asking it. DP, I've sent it to you, newton, if you want a copy just ask. Next time instead of calling me insulting, read my post thoroughly OR PM me, like you asked me to do, even though I was following the conversation that wasn't even initiated by me. Thanks
    Bigfoot has to agree with Slo. If Bigfoot were looking to buy a synthetic under quilt, Bigfoot would want to know what's in it before Bigfoot shells out Bigfoot's hard earned money for it. Asking is NOT out of line at all, Bigfoot thinks. Also, Bigfoot thinks that Bigfoot (or anyone) can't just look at something that is well made on the outside and judge what kind of performance Bigfoot can expect to get out of it in the field. Bigfoot thinks that's just silly.

BF
    Last edited by bigfoot2; 04-25-2011 at 20:39.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    I just visited the site and would also like to know about the fill material. Was thinking this would be a nice alternative to higher priced items. Just need to know what I'm buying. Seems to be a hammock thing.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Bigfoot gets real mad when Bigfoot's wife makes "pot pie surprise" and it turns out Bigfoot doesn't LIKE surprises in Bigfoot's pot pie Bigfoot wanted tacos instead....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

BF

I agree with Slo 100%, as a customer I feel that I have every right to know what I am buying, and the secretive nature of what type of insulation being used is actually a turn off for me! The difference between insulation's in some cases is like night and day, and there is a reason for the many different types of insulation, if you were to read the thousands of pages (I skimmed over most) over at BPL talking about the differences between the insulations it would make your head spin!
    It would be like saying we use nylon in our hammocks, but I'm not going to tell you what type/kind/etc.. of nylon we are using!
    I am only saying this so hopefully other will see the frustration that we are feeling with this subject, as for the HF members that currently own the products I think thats great and the rave reviews and tests that you all have done is wonderful, and I fully stand behind our Cottage Gear makers and that is where I am trying to make sure my money goes when I want to buy a piece of gear! But you have to remember that this (at least for me) is the first and only time I have ever come across something like this, no other gear manufacturer holds this type of information from is consumer, and there is a reason for that!
    Dp I am sure your products are fantastic, well made, (not so sure on UL) but I will say Light weight, and will be sought out from the HF members, I am not trying to be hurtful, down talking, bashing, insulting, or anything like that, I just hope that you take this all as constructive criticism and our thoughts and input on the subject!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot2 View Post
    Bigfoot gets real mad when Bigfoot's wife makes "pot pie surprise" and it turns out Bigfoot doesn't LIKE surprises in Bigfoot's pot pie Bigfoot wanted tacos instead....

BF
    Ok got it. 3rd person. Let's not hijack the thread with it though, ok?

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Ok got it. 3rd person. Let's not hijack the thread with it though, ok?
    Bigfoot understand...just pawn in game of insulation

BF

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    if you read my post it said ( I ) think its kind of insulting. I didn't say YOU were insulting. I said I thought it was kind of insulting. I didn't say you insulted him I just believe its insulting for you look at something and say you don't know if your getting a walmart sleeping bag. which you could clearly see that it wasn't . I also thinks its funny that you made the big deal to say you weren't going to post your response and then started talking about it anyway

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast