Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which UQ?

Which UQ?

I'm about to purchase a UQ & am having trouble deciding between the Wilderness Logic 3-season 3/4 quilt which is rated to about 25* . It's 46x60 & weighs 20 oz.
    The JRB winter nest is rated at about the same temp. The nest is 46x78 & weighs 21oz but it's also approx. $100 more!
    Considering the slight difference in weight which would you choose? The 3/4 or the full?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Tough but fun choice.....I go with 3/4 mostly because I backpack and they take up less room in my pack. Use a small pad under my feet then. Some like a full for warm feet comfort.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I can't speak to the Wilderness Logic, but I have had JRB quilts for years, in fact just used them in the high 30's this weekend and was toasty. JRB makes an excellent product and has great service so if you go with them, you won't likely be disappointed.

Notice many used ones for sale? There's a reason.

Thanks everyone! Shug you made a good point about pack size that I hadn't considered! I'm a backpacker also & space in my pack is a valid consideration!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nu2hike View Post
    I'm about to purchase a UQ & am having trouble deciding between the Wilderness Logic 3-season 3/4 quilt which is rated to about 25* . It's 46x60 & weighs 20 oz.
    The JRB winter nest is rated at about the same temp. The nest is 46x78 & weighs 21oz but it's also approx. $100 more!
    Considering the slight difference in weight which would you choose? The 3/4 or the full?

Kinda apples to oranges... better comparision is JRB MW3 Short is a 2/3 model and if you want it has a compliment to convert to full length...Less cost and less weight/cube.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl , WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    WL TQ , HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Dutch
    Images
    +1 Shug. Backpacking can make you cut your handle off of your tooth brush! I went with the WL UQ and TQ. Now I need a smaller backpack.....

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Backtrack View Post
    +1 Shug. Backpacking can make you cut your handle off of your tooth brush! I went with the WL UQ and TQ. Now I need a smaller backpack.....
    In addition to the tooth brush trimming, it makes me look more at multi-use items which is why I really like my No Snivler Top Quilt with the head hole in it just incase I didn't bring enough layers to wear around camp before bed.

Ain't it great there's lot's of choices?!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    i just got off the phone with marty at WL. they are making a custom full length synth. UQ in coyote brn. 78" x 48" with extra loops on the sides. WL is the bomb.
    i wanted a quilt i could modify for as many conditions as poss. it should take me down to 20ish* when looped up tightly or i can loosen ends, or drop the end loops and go back to 3/4 length. i try not to lose sleep over a little extra weight in fact i'll sleep better knowing i have extra function.
    the price it great and so my wallet didn't lose a lot of weight also. more function, more fun.
    while WL has not been on the hammock scene long they, have been injecting thread since 67.
    they're local guys so i'm partial,and they're good so i purchased.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe with 2QZQ
    Tarp
    CCS, Kondos, Mamaj
    Insulation
    HG Incubator TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I don't do much backpacking but I sympathize with the weigh issues. However, I would rather be tired than cold. So I would get a full length underquilt and enjoy myself. No fussing with pads and such which also add weight and bulk.

Hammock
    DIY "WARBIRD"
    Tarp
    OES STD,WB BMJ
    Insulation
    Golite TQ/leigh UQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    You might look at leighlounger quilts. Leigh makes an amazing quilt at a very fair price. I just received my 40° summer quilt and I am very happy with it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast