View Poll Results: If a Hammock Camping Merit Badge Group-buy is offered, I would order:

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 Merit Badges

16 64.00%
  • 20 Merit Badges

7 28.00%
  • 30 Merit Badges

0 0%
  • 40 Merit Badges

1 4.00%
  • 50 Merit Badges

0 0%
  • 60+ Merit Badges

1 4.00%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY Cat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ TQ
    Suspension
    WS to Ridged Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhammer View Post
    I know the third round is long over, but wondering if anyone had maybe 5 badges they could spare? I'm no longer a scout but my nephew is and i'd like some for some family members who are getting into Hammocking
    Skyhammer,
    I took a quick look around, but I don't think I have anymore. If I find some, I will send out a post for them.
    - William -

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. - Psalms 119:9

Hammock
    ENO double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Thanks i appreciate it

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    So I know its a long shot. And this is still a maybe. But I've asked to speak to a troop about hammocking. One of the dads I know is interested in having me coming and help get the ball rolling. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, I was wondering anyone has merit badges kicking around from a couple years ago.

I use to be in scouts. Dropped out in high school, really wish I would have stayed with it. So I figure if I can get back in a help. Show them some hammock stuff I've learned it would be a lot of fun.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY Cat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ TQ
    Suspension
    WS to Ridged Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincethebutcher View Post
    So I know its a long shot. And this is still a maybe. But I've asked to speak to a troop about hammocking. One of the dads I know is interested in having me coming and help get the ball rolling. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, I was wondering anyone has merit badges kicking around from a couple years ago.

I use to be in scouts. Dropped out in high school, really wish I would have stayed with it. So I figure if I can get back in a help. Show them some hammock stuff I've learned it would be a lot of fun.
    Good Morning VinceTheButcher,
    I don't think I have any more Merit Badges, but I do have the requirements here https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...6&postcount=49

Good luck
    - William -

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. - Psalms 119:9

Hammock
    ENO DN or DIY 11' CS90
    Tarp
    Oware/Speer Winter
    Insulation
    Underquilts.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Images

Wheel in a TV and hook it up to some Shug videos. Once you have them drooling over that, whip out your private stash of sweet hanging goodness and let them go to town.

Conversion=successful

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie

Mentoring the youth on the Hammock Camping merit badge can be a ton of fun. WL put together a nice set of requirements to guide you and the boys love it! The parents get into it too, but the gear making requires patience. We are presently on year 2 of the course and the boys really look forward to the time they can participate.

Here are some photos of the boys in action and feel free to check out the Hammock Wheel forum link below.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl.
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG quilts 20*
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Missed out on the first 3 rounds.

Oh well, if round 4 ever occurs, I'm in for 20.
    Chris
    Scoutmaster - Troop 88

Hammock
    Hand made by me.
    Tarp
    Hand made by me.
    Insulation
    Need to make one.
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I just picked up on this as well. I'm with Troop 67 in Dover, PA and have started the hammock camping with our Troop. Big thanks to this forum, The Ultimate Hang and DIY Gear Supply. I would love to order 10 - 20 patches.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Asym
    Images
    Troop 20 Knoxville TN. Hammocks are everywhere but not enough places to hang so we are working on several transportable solutions. Started with the 3 - man and working on 6.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have conducted a couple of classes for a local BS Troop on hammocks. Lots of fun and could tell even the dads where getting interested. One of the scouts is on the AT now, He hopes to make it to at least Harpers Ferry. Told his dad I hope he goes for it and does the whole trail.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast